Wiki Posts
Search

$999 rtn to LAX

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2017, 12:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
$999 rtn to LAX

Just in case anybody hasn't spotted it yet there are $999 rtn fares on Grabaseat that appeared late this afternoon. Massive availability from March until November.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 1:09 am

Programs: NZ*Elite *G, QF*G, SPG*Platinum, Accor*Platinum, Hilton*Gold
Thanks but in Y?!
Old Feb 24, 2017, 1:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dadig
Thanks but in Y?!
Plenty of A availability on the days I looked for an instant upgrade.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 5:00 pm

Yeah, not too bad. These have also been available recently with a NZD500 promo code. FJ also has this route around this price generally speaking.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 11:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by codyc1515
Yeah, not too bad. These have also been available recently with a NZD500 promo code. FJ also has this route around this price generally speaking.
$500 off doesn't bring it anywhere close to $999 - it brings it down to around $1500 return

I'm really interested to know why Air NZ have now sold seats with virtually unlimited availability (excluding school holidays) for 5 days at this price. Are forward bookings to the US really crashing as a result of Trump? Normally that sort of price has very limited availability and is on sale for a couple of days max aiming at impulse purchasers.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 10:23 pm

Originally Posted by sbiddle
$500 off doesn't bring it anywhere close to $999 - it brings it down to around $1500 return
It was $1499 at the time which you could combine with a $500 off promo code which made it $999. Just another way to get these heavily discounted fares outside of grabaseat.

Never before have I seen Air NZ fares so low to LA. I say it's a good thing for consumers. Although, I imagine the US tourist industry is hurting a bit with all of the media fanfare lately.

Is there a way to find Air NZ passenger loadings to confirm if flights to US are really empty to justify these bulk sales?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.