Wiki Posts
Search

UK & Europe Sale on Now

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2017, 1:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ*G
UK & Europe Sale on Now

Dates, aren't the best... I'm also only getting the special on the route there.... Full price on return leg....
Old Jan 22, 2017, 1:27 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
It's very interesting to see Air NZ now marketing LHR via Asia and via LAX separately.

Their historical marketing of LHR with pricepoints that were not possible on NZ metal has always been slightly misleading IMHO.
Old Jan 22, 2017, 1:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ*G
Originally Posted by sbiddle
It's very interesting to see Air NZ now marketing LHR via Asia and via LAX separately.

Their historical marketing of LHR with pricepoints that were not possible on NZ metal has always been slightly misleading IMHO.
Stop over's aren't too bad in HKG

Carriers look to be Virgin or Cathay to Europe...
Old Jan 22, 2017, 2:47 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum

Maybe they realise LAX is enough to put some people off. Would be interesting to see the timing of the QF Per-LHR flight if you could hop NZ to Per.
Old Jan 22, 2017, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by NZbutterfly
Maybe they realise LAX is enough to put some people off. Would be interesting to see the timing of the QF Per-LHR flight if you could hop NZ to Per.
I think it's safe to say QF will be aiming for the NZ market with PER connections. The only downside is that you'll have to transfer from international to domestic for the LHR flight rather than AU domestic connections who will have the advantage of staying in the domestic terminal.
Old Jan 22, 2017, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by Sam_87
Stop over's aren't too bad in HKG

Carriers look to be Virgin or Cathay to Europe...
There is nothing wrong with flying either - it's just when "Air NZ" has a sale and advertises a price but you can't actually get that price when you fly on Air NZ it's a little misleading.
Old Jan 22, 2017, 8:37 pm

Programs: NZ Koru, Accor Platinum
There is nothing wrong with flying either - it's just when "Air NZ" has a sale and advertises a price but you can't actually get that price when you fly on Air NZ it's a little misleading.
+1
Frustrating when often sale fares to Aus ex ZQN are (not always, but often) Virgin metal. Nice to think you are in for a good deal at ~$200 each way, and when selecting flights on ANZ website, most of the deals are on Virgin.
Old Jan 22, 2017, 9:31 pm

Programs: NZ*E, QF-G, EK-P
Must only be a couple in the right fare class on the sale fares on each flight AKL-LHR
Sorted two sets of dates - went to check with diary all worked, came back 30 minutes later and in one of each pair of flights they had gone up by $1500
So I have tried sbiddle's approach - which I haven't before - of NZ 6 onto NZ 2 - which were still at the sale price. Shall see how I enjoy the low stress but slightly longer LA transit.

BCE
Old Jan 22, 2017, 9:49 pm

Programs: NZ Silver
Originally Posted by bce1
Must only be a couple in the right fare class on the sale fares on each flight AKL-LHR
Sorted two sets of dates - went to check with diary all worked, came back 30 minutes later and in one of each pair of flights they had gone up by $1500
So I have tried sbiddle's approach - which I haven't before - of NZ 6 onto NZ 2 - which were still at the sale price. Shall see how I enjoy the low stress but slightly longer LA transit.

BCE
Previously in this instance, I have waited a day and they 'replenish' the sale fares overnight and I have booked the next day. I'm not sure if they still do this...
Old Jan 23, 2017, 3:29 pm

Programs: Krisflyer, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Air NZ Airpoints, Koru, NZ*S and former *G
Yes, very few fares on fully NZ metal, and they are the more expensive options. That in itself might be fine and I have no bother with partner flights on the likes of CX, VS or SQ, but in J class some partners offer a lesser hard product like LH and BA for example.

And how even does BA come into the mix, not being a Star Alliance member (I was presented with an option for BA from LHR to HKG as part of a return leg home for an upcoming Düsseldorf/London trip ), outbound was NZ/SQ.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 3:43 pm

Programs: NZ*G, back of the bus UA, corner of the MLL AC.
Originally Posted by ottiehund
And how even does BA come into the mix, not being a Star Alliance member (I was presented with an option for BA from LHR to HKG as part of a return leg home for an upcoming Düsseldorf/London trip ), outbound was NZ/SQ.
NZ's codeshare agreement with BA far precedes Star Alliance.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 8:20 pm

Programs: Krisflyer, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Air NZ Airpoints, Koru, NZ*S and former *G
Thanks, just interesting that BA isn't coming up on the NZ list of 'co-operation partners' on the website, and the fare offered did come with points ...

https://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/co-operation-partners

Last edited by ottiehund; Jan 23, 2017 at 8:21 pm Reason: Free = fare
Old Jan 23, 2017, 10:47 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
BA has been an option for a last couple of years, along with AF,KL,VS etc.

Pretty much NZ will sell you an connection on anybody that provides an reasonable deal/connection.

Why should they have to sell tickets on *A, when BA is offering an better deal? and the end of the day you can choose to pay more for the *A option.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 11:22 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Not much different to say trans-Tasman sale fares only being available on Virgin (e.g. Wellington to Brisbane).
Old Jan 23, 2017, 11:24 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Thanks, just interesting that BA isn't coming up on the NZ list of 'co-operation partners' on the website, and the fare offered did come with points ...

https://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/co-operation-partners
You won't earn anything on the BA flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.