Old Jan 23, 2017, 8:49 pm

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Five to six days is so fast

it use to take just under 2 months
Old Jan 30, 2017, 3:03 pm

Programs: NZ Silver, NZ Koru, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Erasmus III
Going back to my original post...
I received an email today entitled "Congratulations On Your Tier Upgrade" confirming Gold status (woo hoo). It took six working days (or possibly five if you count the Wellington Anniversary).

The email said this...
"Your new membership pack will be with you in the next few weeks, but in the meantime we wanted to let you know of the additional benefits your new tier status provides, which are available to you immediately."

I'll try to remember to update the post when my membership pack arrives.
SilverTP is Silver again for the first time in 15 years!

Earned sufficient status points to qualify as Silver on 10 January, received email on 17 January confirming tier upgrade (with lounge passes and RU showing online), and today (31 January) new Airpoints card has arrived in the post.

The card is valid from tomorrow with an expiry of 1/2018 - will this be 1 January, 10 January (as indicated online) or 31 January?
Old Jan 30, 2017, 3:26 pm

Programs: NZ GOLD (*G), KLM FB S, QF S,
Originally Posted by SilverTP
SilverTP is Silver again for the first time in 15 years!

Earned sufficient status points to qualify as Silver on 10 January, received email on 17 January confirming tier upgrade (with lounge passes and RU showing online), and today (31 January) new Airpoints card has arrived in the post.

The card is valid from tomorrow with an expiry of 1/2018 - will this be 1 January, 10 January (as indicated online) or 31 January?
31 Jan
Old Jan 31, 2017, 12:10 am

Programs: NZ*Elite *G, QF*G, SPG*Platinum, Accor*Platinum, Hilton*Gold
Always end of month.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 1:52 am

What happens if it is February 29th (i.e. leap year)?
Old Jan 31, 2017, 9:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by codyc1515
What happens if it is February 29th (i.e. leap year)?
Then your status lasts four years, until the next leap year.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 2:22 pm
Original Poster

Tags and Card arrived

Just completing the loop on this thread, my card and luggage tags arrived yesterday (13th Feb), so in the end it took just under a month from hitting the Gold threshold to receiving cards

On a seperate note, I had hoped that the accomodation voucher would allow me to use it in IHG hotels, but it doesn't. I don't think my employer uses any of the other hotel groups on offer.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 4:58 pm

Programs: NZ *E
Just completing the loop on this thread, my card and luggage tags arrived yesterday (13th Feb), so in the end it took just under a month from hitting the Gold threshold to receiving cards
Elite card arrived on Saturday. Elite Partner pack arrived on Monday. Seems like it's reasonable to expect about a month turnaround.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 10:27 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
I hadn't got my new Elite card last week before I headed off to the US nearly a month after requalification. Luckily I'm not visiting any partner lounges that require a card for entry.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 11:08 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum

On a seperate note, I had hoped that the accomodation voucher would allow me to use it in IHG hotels, but it doesn't. I don't think my employer uses any of the other hotel groups on offer.
Use it for personal use then. I generally try to accumulate perks on work and use on personal.(Sort of like an offering to the partner for being away a lot!)

Originally Posted by sbiddle
I hadn't got my new Elite card last week before I headed off to the US nearly a month after requalification. Luckily I'm not visiting any partner lounges that require a card for entry.
I hope NZ will move towards making member cards available digitally. VA have as have many hotel loyalty programs. Would allow for updates much faster and thin down the wallet a bit.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 11:28 pm

Programs: NZ*E, UA*1K, QF Plat
Originally Posted by sbiddle
I hadn't got my new Elite card last week before I headed off to the US nearly a month after re qualification. Luckily I'm not visiting any partner lounges that require a card for entry.
This is typical. For the last four years NZ has failed to get my new card delivered before the old one expired. Have given them feedback on this but the response was "we are doing a fantastic job of this. No problems." They showed no interest in this problem.
By contrast. My new 1K card arrived from the USA three weeks before the old one expired......
Old Feb 14, 2017, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by WLGNZ
This is typical. For the last four years NZ has failed to get my new card delivered before the old one expired. Have given them feedback on this but the response was "we are doing a fantastic job of this. No problems." They showed no interest in this problem.
By contrast. My new 1K card arrived from the USA three weeks before the old one expired......
In fairness they can't do that, primarily because they've reduced the time from qualification/requalification until the new status applies. In the old days your calendar date on your card was normally the end of the month after your requalification. Now it's the same month.

My requalification date is (from memory) about the 12th Jan and my card expired on the 31st Jan.

NZ can't send out a new card before it expires unless you've requalified.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 12:33 pm

Programs: NZ*E, UA*1K, QF Plat
So this would be an issue they have created....
Many Elites re-qualify moths in advance. Perhaps they could sweep the accounts a month earlier to get cards out to members who have qualified on time.
The challenge is also that Elites travel a lot. Meaning they possibly won't be at home base when new cards arrive after the old ones have expired.
It seems NZ need a bit more time to get the Elite cards out to members before the old ones expire.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 12:48 pm

Programs: NZ*E
I agree. I can't see why AirNZ don't issue a new Elite card (or at least set wheels in motion to reissue the card) as soon as re-qualification occurs. There is nothing that could occur prior to the final date that could upset this, and the card would have the same end date as it would normally. Other issues, such as changes to the Elite Partner, additional R.U.s can still take place on the anniversary of the re-qualification.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 4:19 pm

OneSmart complicates things.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.