Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air NZ launches Flexitime Flyer

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2016, 6:56 am

There are a few gotchas:

* Includes grabaseat but has an exclusion for travel agents.
* Does not apply to any existing flights booked before the membership, flights booked with a promo code or international flights.
* Only one passenger may be on the booking.
* Must be booked online while you are logged in

I'm guessing then this is aimed at extracting a few more dollars out of the domestic consumer market and they are not expecting a very high uptake. This reminds me in a lot of ways of the "koru lite" being offered now.

Originally Posted by NZbutterfly
one silver lining is getting the additional APD and SP from the higher flexi fares vs paying $200 but only getting the 'seat only' earnings??
Nope, the earning is at Flexitime rates according to the FAQ.

Originally Posted by sbiddle
Lots of people are exploiting Flexitime now to save money on fares. This is only going to make it harder to do that.

It's a product I know a couple of people who would be signing up immediately, but I fail to see the reasons Air NZ would want to offer this. They're getting $199 up front from passengers who might easily spend hundreds more per year buying Flexi tickets so it's really just a loss of revenue for them.
This is somewhat funny to me as you are constantly saying they have a profit at all costs mentality, and I agree. What we have here is NZ trying something new and, as we've seen, only for 1500 people. They will likely get the feedback they need and make some decisions on the price and availability in future. Maybe it will become an *E perk?

Last edited by codyc1515; Nov 4, 2016 at 7:09 am
Old Nov 4, 2016, 12:16 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
i can live with those gotchas. I like they thought of the flexitime earning. I'd buy it for the flexibility so I'm hoping they roll it out in maybe 18 months if successful? I don't think they need to attach it to a specific status tier. Can't really see the benefit of doing so.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 2:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
It's interesting to see that they keep rolling this out to more users and keep putting the price up.

The original $199 increased to $245 for the 2nd phase of mail outs, and it's now gone up today to $279 in a phase 3 mail out for people to buy before 13th Dec
Old Nov 29, 2016, 11:18 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
It's interesting to see that they keep rolling this out to more users and keep putting the price up.

The original $199 increased to $245 for the 2nd phase of mail outs, and it's now gone up today to $279 in a phase 3 mail out for people to buy before 13th Dec
Testing price sensitivity. Still no email for me.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 5:27 pm
Original Poster

Obviously Flexitime Flyer ends at the end of Nov but there seems to be nothing but silence over the product or whether we'll see it go beyond the year.

Has anybody heard anything about it or have a contact email address? I've contacted Air NZ about 3-4 times in recent months about it and haven't had a single response from them.

Social media told me a few weeks ago to use the flexitimeflyer email address which essentially bounces (and has done for quite some time) with an automated response saying the product isn't available.

Apparently another survey went out last week but I didn't get it.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 6:58 pm

I thought there was mention on here recently about people not being able to make their Flexitime Flyer bookings (but maybe my memory fails me). If that was the case then I wouldn't be surprised to see it go at the end of Nov.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 7:16 pm

Programs: NZ *E, QF Gold, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, PanPacific Platinum
Obviously Flexitime Flyer ends at the end of Nov but there seems to be nothing but silence over the product or whether we'll see it go beyond the year.

Has anybody heard anything about it or have a contact email address? I've contacted Air NZ about 3-4 times in recent months about it and haven't had a single response from them.

Social media told me a few weeks ago to use the flexitimeflyer email address which essentially bounces (and has done for quite some time) with an automated response saying the product isn't available.

i received a survey last week. Asking me how many times I had used it, how many $ I had saved and how much I was prepared to pay for it.
codyc1515 and kiwicyclo like this.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 8:19 pm

Programs: Air NZ Koru, Air NZ ELT *G, IHG Spire Ambassador, Emirates, Flying Blue, QANTAS Club

I got a survey on FlexiTime Flyer last week.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 8:20 pm

Programs: Air NZ Koru, Air NZ ELT *G, IHG Spire Ambassador, Emirates, Flying Blue, QANTAS Club
Originally Posted by codyc1515
I thought there was mention on here recently about people not being able to make their Flexitime Flyer bookings (but maybe my memory fails me). If that was the case then I wouldn't be surprised to see it go at the end of Nov.
The App lost the ability to recognize the FlexiTime membership a couple of weeks ago, have not tried to book using app since though.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 9:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kiwicyclo
The App lost the ability to recognize the FlexiTime membership a couple of weeks ago, have not tried to book using app since though.
The app doesn't actually make bookings - as I pointed out in the thread it simply parses the token to the responsive website which wasn't respecting this. It's merely a minor bug.

There are no issues booking from the responsive website on a mobile.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 5:59 am

Programs: NZ *E, QF Gold, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, PanPacific Platinum
For my money, jflexi time is one of the best products from NZ since Bruce Parton's Starfish! I use mine daily, have saved a fortune and even today booked a $129 fare when my "ideal" departure was $299. Will change on morning of travel. That was my Xmas present
Old Oct 27, 2017, 9:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Markhm
For my money, jflexi time is one of the best products from NZ since Bruce Parton's Starfish! I use mine daily, have saved a fortune and even today booked a $129 fare when my "ideal" departure was $299. Will change on morning of travel. That was my Xmas present
A "saving" like this is not a Flexitime Flyer saving though - the only saving from Flexitime Flyer is the $30 difference between a Flexi fare and a seat only fare.

I've probably changed about 15 flights this year that have been genuine changes so the effective saving has been $450 which is good for a $199 investment. There have probably then been another 10 or so where I've changed quite simply because I could (arriving early so simply changing flight) which to me is the true benefit of the program.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 10:31 pm

I'm a Flexitime Flier member and have heard nothing recently by way of survey or by way of renewal options. Hoping for renewal options, but time is running out..
Old Nov 6, 2017, 11:11 pm

Programs: VA Silver, NZ Gold
The FAQ has been updated to say they are reviewing feedback on the trial.

Looking forward to the "developments" mine expires in a week!

Flexitime Flyer trial is coming to a close
What next for Flexitime Flyer?

Air New Zealand is currently reviewing feedback on the Flexitime Flyer trial and will keep members updated on any developments.

Can I book for travel beyond the expiry of my Flexitime Flyer membership?

All bookings made before the expiry of your membership will be eligible for Flexitime Flyer benefits. This includes bookings for travel beyond the expiry of your membership.

https://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/flex...embership-faqs
Old Nov 8, 2017, 8:04 pm

Programs: VA Silver, NZ Gold
Also just got this in my inbox:

It’s almost a year since you signed up to Air New Zealand’s Flexitime Flyer trial and your membership is due to expire on 15 November 2017.

Remember that every booking you make before your membership expires will be eligible for Flexitime Flyer benefits – including flights beyond this date.

As our trial draws to a close, we would like to thank you for your participation and trust you have enjoyed all the benefits of Flexitime Flyer.

What next for Flexitime Flyer?

We are currently reviewing feedback on our Flexitime Flyer trial and will keep you updated on any developments.

If you have any further queries regarding our Flexitime Flyer trial please email [email protected].

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.