Search

Status points rollover

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2016, 12:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: airnz elite
Status points rollover

Hi guys,

I've just got elite again and 300 points went to status points rollover. What can they be used for? Going towards Staying elite this year?

Thanks
Dave
Old Oct 24, 2016, 4:51 am

Programs: NZ*Elite *G, QF*G, SPG*Platinum, Accor*Platinum, Hilton*Gold
Rollover is towards determining requalification for Elite as opposed from a rolling 12 month period. I haven't tested this as I will be banking this year
Old Oct 24, 2016, 6:36 am

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
Yes it can count towards your elite requalification. Next year you only need 1050 to requalify and Air NZ will tag on the extra 300 SP to get you to 1350.

If you actually fly or credit card yourself to elite and hit 1350 then those 300 SP disappear into thin air.

I have an SP rollover year currently and trying to underfly Air NZ has been a lot more challenging than anticipated.

You can't use the SP rollover towards a banked year either.

I wish they would dangle some carrots between elite requalification and a banked elite year.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 11:09 am

Programs: NZ*Elite *G, QF*G, SPG*Platinum, Accor*Platinum, Hilton*Gold
If you actually fly or credit card yourself to elite and hit 1350 then those 300 SP disappear into thin air.
The 300 SP will count towards towards bank immediately after hitting Elite. After banking there is no point to continue accruing unless you are after the milestone gifts.

Last edited by dadig; Oct 24, 2016 at 11:28 am
Old Oct 24, 2016, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by dadig
The 300 SP will count towards towards bank immediately after hitting Elite. After banking there is no point to continue accruing unless you are after the milestone gifts.
During your SP rollover year if you hit 1350 then you've requalified elite so those 300 SP rollover earned from the previous year disappear, they count for nothing. Of course you still have the associated APD earn.

So to make them count for something - well I'm trying to under fly Air NZ during the SP rollover year. (My problem is domestic accrual and the morning wide body Oz schedule is good for me). Otherwise that extra 300 SP count for zilch during the SP rollover year.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 4:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: airnz elite
yeah at least it's easier to guarantee another elite year if you need 300 less points but would be nice for it to count for something because i'll probably hit another 1000 by early next year.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by davidkemps
yeah at least it's easier to guarantee another elite year if you need 300 less points but would be nice for it to count for something because i'll probably hit another 1000 by early next year.
The other option is to consider a second program but all depends on what you want out of your programs

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.