Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

Airpoints minimum age & Elite Partner access @ LAX?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2016, 10:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Qantas Gold, NZ Elite

Stupid question time - is there a minimum age for the Airpoints program? (doesn't look like it?).

Trying to think of ways I can myself and my 2 teenage kids into Star Alliance lounge (at LAX/Tom Bradley mainly) - so was thinking if i nominate the eldest (15) as my Elite Partner he should be able to get in on his own (current Elite Partner might not be too happy tho!)

Matt
Old Oct 3, 2016, 11:08 pm
Ambassador: Air New Zealand

Programs: NZ Elite, EK Gold, Qatar Gold, Amex Plat, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Big Puku
Stupid question time - is there a minimum age for the Airpoints program? (doesn't look like it?).

Trying to think of ways I can myself and my 2 teenage kids into Star Alliance lounge (at LAX/Tom Bradley mainly) - so was thinking if i nominate the eldest (15) as my Elite Partner he should be able to get in on his own (current Elite Partner might not be too happy tho!)

Matt
No minimum age for AirPoints programme

If Air NZ Lounge in LAX then as Elite you can have up to five guests subject to space.

You can only have one elite partner per membership year and you have to advise AirPoints before your renewal date if you want to change your partner.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 11:30 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Just note no minimum age for Airpoints, my daughter joined at 3 months, but infant fares do not provide Airpoints, child fares do.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 11:32 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
LAX isn't a Koru lounge so normal *G rules apply - Elite/Gold/Koru + a single guest.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 11:40 pm
Original Poster

So as it's a Star Alliance lounge @ LAX, do you think an Elite Partner would get in? (there seems to be conflicting info online)
Old Oct 4, 2016, 3:11 am

Programs: NZ*Elite *G, QF*G, SPG*Platinum, Accor*Platinum, Hilton*Gold
EP is NOT *G. It is a product that sits between Koru and NZ*G which means same restrictions apply as Koru but some situations are more relaxed. For example EP access to SilverKris for AKL-SIN. In many cases NZ ticketed applies for lounge access

Last edited by dadig; Oct 4, 2016 at 3:17 am
Old Oct 4, 2016, 8:29 am

Programs: NZ*G, back of the bus UA, corner of the MLL AC.
EP gets in of their own accord at LAX if you're on NZ metal and an NZ ticket.
Old Oct 4, 2016, 12:03 pm

Programs: NZ GOLD (*G), KLM FB S, QF S,
Originally Posted by samyoull
as per NZ website.

https://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/part...unge-directory

Remember to enter your Airpoints™ number at the time of making your booking, and always carry your Airpoints™ Gold, Elite, Elite Partner or Koru membership card to display to Lounge Hosts when accessing our Partner lounges.
Old Oct 4, 2016, 2:56 pm
Original Poster

Thanks - unfortunately my existing Elite Partner used the card last month (first time in 2 years!), so Air NZ won't let me change the name until my anniversary date (April).
Old Oct 4, 2016, 4:18 pm

Programs: NZ Gold Elite, AS, AC, QF
Originally Posted by samyoull
Yup
Old Oct 8, 2016, 3:17 pm

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Elite partner

Thanks - unfortunately my existing Elite Partner used the card last month (first time in 2 years!), so Air NZ won't let me change the name until my anniversary date (April).
The system must record the usage as I my elite partner had not used the card and they permitted the change post anniversary date
Old Oct 9, 2016, 11:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Beano
The system must record the usage as I my elite partner had not used the card and they permitted the change post anniversary date
Yes and no it seems - my elite partner hasn't used any the benefits (lounge etc), but the "elite partner" status is tied to her airpoints number that was against a flight she took last month.

It was a pretty frank "no" when I called them too - just another reason why I fly less and less with Air NZ currently
Old Oct 12, 2016, 4:33 am

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Elite partner switch

Yes and no it seems - my elite partner hasn't used any the benefits (lounge etc), but the "elite partner" status is tied to her airpoints number that was against a flight she took last month.

It was a pretty frank "no" when I called them too - just another reason why I fly less and less with Air NZ currently
In my instance my elite partner had not had any airnz or virgin travel
Old Oct 12, 2016, 12:36 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
It's very clear in the Elite Partner rules that you can only change this once a year, and that it must be within 30 prior to your Eliterequalification date.

There have been a few threads on here in the past with people complaining about the very same issue, but the rules are very clear and haven't changed.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 4:04 am

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
Presumably the once a yr change is to prevent you giving it out to any family or friend to use when they flew because you know someone would if they allowed this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.