Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Award space AKL-NAN?

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2016, 2:16 pm
Original Poster

Award space AKL-NAN?

I've searched nearly a year out and cannot find award space from AKL-NAN in either Y/J.

I know Air New Zealand award space is hard to find (if ever) on long haul... Is this the same case for this route?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Old May 24, 2016, 3:06 pm

Programs: NZ Gold, BA Gold, QF Silver, IHG Platinum Elite Ambassador, Accor Diamond
Airpoints members virtually never search for *A award bookings on NZ, because the scheme's currency (Airpoints dollars) are exactly worth $1 each, and are usable at that rate to buy any ticket. Earning rates are poor on flights, but all flights are open to awards in Airpoints dollars until the flight is sold out.

Around half of flights on this route have no J class, being Airbus A320s (which are single class on NZ). Having said that, it is likely only a handful of seats are available as *A rewards, with Y and J more likely on 777 operated services.
Old May 24, 2016, 6:10 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by libertyuk
Around half of flights on this route have no J class, being Airbus A320s (which are single class on NZ). Having said that, it is likely only a handful of seats are available as *A rewards, with Y and J more likely on 777 operated services.
AKL-NAN usually is now an daily 772 or 789, with on days there being an second flight its an A320.
Old May 25, 2016, 8:21 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the responses. Just to clarify. I'm looking for award space using Aeroplan.
Old May 25, 2016, 12:55 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Have you looked into buy an fare on AKL-NAN? if you use the .co.nz you'll be able to get more reasonable fares.

Recently have seen AKL-NAN (Seat+Bag) for $199NZD, provided it was outside of the school hoildays.
Old May 25, 2016, 11:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cavemanzk
Have you looked into buy an fare on AKL-NAN? if you use the .co.nz you'll be able to get more reasonable fares.

Recently have seen AKL-NAN (Seat+Bag) for $199NZD, provided it was outside of the school hoildays.
Thanks for the suggestion. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.