Wiki Posts
Search

RUs on NZ Metal but *A flight number

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2016, 2:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: NZ *S
RUs on NZ Metal but *A flight number

Has anyone had any luck with using RUs on NZ metal that was booked with an SQ (or other *A) flight number? I know it's not technically possible, but just wondering if anyone has been able to ring up and ask for them to be put through. Would rather my RUs go towards going from Y-J than on short TT hops!
Old Feb 14, 2016, 2:16 am

Programs: NZ Elite, IHG Diamond Ambassador
The answer will be no I'm afraid. AFAIK, the 'system' doesn't even allow the agents to override the rule from their end.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 2:46 am

Programs: NZ Elite (*G), QF S (OWR), UA 0.14MM
Originally Posted by ffdunedin
Has anyone had any luck with using RUs on NZ metal that was booked with an SQ (or other *A) flight number? I know it's not technically possible, but just wondering if anyone has been able to ring up and ask for them to be put through. Would rather my RUs go towards going from Y-J than on short TT hops!
Originally Posted by LyingFlat
The answer will be no I'm afraid. AFAIK, the 'system' doesn't even allow the agents to override the rule from their end.
No is the correct answer.

Any sort of AirNZ upgrades: RUs, Elite APD or OneUps can only be used/processed on AirNZ operated AND marketed flight - i.e. on "086" ticket stock.

I have an upcoming Europe trip with NZ/LX/LH, and despite the fact I'm on NZ metal with an NZ flight number (operated) for the AKL-HKG || HKG-AKL segments, can't use any sort of upgrades because it was a Lufthansa issued/marketed ticket.

The best you can hope for, if you're Gold/Elite member, is hope that the NZ flight segment isn't full and request for a SkyCouch row at check-in (kind of an un-published benefit now).
Old Feb 14, 2016, 7:21 pm

Programs: NZ Gold Elite, AS, AC, QF
I share your pain, except in my case it's connecting to LH/LX via PVG. At least I'll be checked through and don't need to clear Chinese immigration/customs this time (like I did when connecting to Air China)
Originally Posted by Kamadan
No is the correct answer.

Any sort of AirNZ upgrades: RUs, Elite APD or OneUps can only be used/processed on AirNZ operated AND marketed flight - i.e. on "086" ticket stock.

I have an upcoming Europe trip with NZ/LX/LH, and despite the fact I'm on NZ metal with an NZ flight number (operated) for the AKL-HKG || HKG-AKL segments, can't use any sort of upgrades because it was a Lufthansa issued/marketed ticket.

The best you can hope for, if you're Gold/Elite member, is hope that the NZ flight segment isn't full and request for a SkyCouch row at check-in (kind of an un-published benefit now).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.