Wiki Posts
Search

AKL PER route

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2015, 5:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Gold Elite, AS, AC, QF
AKL PER route

Flew NZ to Perth on Friday; will be flying them home this coming Friday.

787 is a great plane and the Y+ was excellent: nice leg rests, good screen size, power point and USB port. Really nice for the 7 hour flight. However, the arrival time was dreadful: 5pm local time, which means trying to get from the airport to the CBD during peak traffic. Nearly doubled the taxi fare because of mind-numbing traffic.

Return flight will leave Perth at 650PM and arrive at AKL around 6AM. Which is 1am Perth time. Shifting both flights by 3 hours would still connect with ZA's JNB flight and arrive at a less painful time in AKL.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 5:39 am

Programs: NZ*G, QF Bronze, VA Red
You are aware that particular plane also serves AKL-SIN, AKL-NRT and AKL-PVG right? Shifting the times by 3 hours would very likely have an impact on operational requirements (maintenance, etc) considering the amount of runs that plane does.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 10:35 am

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by kyanar
You are aware that particular plane also serves AKL-SIN, AKL-NRT and AKL-PVG right? Shifting the times by 3 hours would very likely have an impact on operational requirements (maintenance, etc) considering the amount of runs that plane does.
The 789 is now also on AKL-SYD,AKL-NAN and with AKL-RAR & AKL-HNL starting next year.

By this time next year they will have 9x 789s in the fleet
Old Nov 29, 2015, 12:22 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by jawnbc

787 is a great plane and the Y+ was excellent: nice leg rests, good screen size, power point and USB port. Really nice for the 7 hour flight. However, the arrival time was dreadful: 5pm local time, which means trying to get from the airport to the CBD during peak traffic. Nearly doubled the taxi fare because of mind-numbing traffic.

Return flight will leave Perth at 650PM and arrive at AKL around 6AM. Which is 1am Perth time. Shifting both flights by 3 hours would still connect with ZA's JNB flight and arrive at a less painful time in AKL.
Mind-numbing traffic in Perth? You need to get out more.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by Nickolash27
No, not Perth specifically, but between PER and Perth can be awful - most of the slowness is travel within a few Km of the airport.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 3:20 pm

Programs: NZ*G, QF Bronze, VA Red
Originally Posted by cavemanzk
The 789 is now also on AKL-SYD,AKL-NAN and with AKL-RAR & AKL-HNL starting next year.

By this time next year they will have 9x 789s in the fleet

No, I meant literally that registration. That specific plane. It serves all of those four routes.

You can catch a 789 to Sydney now huh? I might have to transit next time I cross the ditch.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 4:38 pm

Programs: NZ*S
Originally Posted by kyanar

You can catch a 789 to Sydney now huh? I might have to transit next time I cross the ditch.
Seems to be one trip a week, Nz0119 Sunday 1pm AKL-SYD then NZ118 3:50 pm SYD-AKL.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 7:43 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, KQ Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Gold, Choice Gold

Speaking for myself, I find the flight times work very well. The flight landing early morning AKL allows for a full day in the office.

Re changing the flight times, as others have pointed out, this assumes the plane is free at those times.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 1:30 am

Programs: QF Gold, NZ *G, TK Elite *G
NZ175 is changing to

AKL 1055 PER 1325

in a couple of weeks to better connect from North & South America, as well as the addition of a 3 weekly 767 to better connect in the opposite direction.

AKL 1855 PER 2135
PER 0615 AKL 1735
Old Nov 30, 2015, 4:43 am
Original Poster

And you're still single? How is that possible?

*yawn*

Originally Posted by Nickolash27
Old Nov 30, 2015, 4:44 am
Original Poster

Excellent!

Originally Posted by pepsi1336
NZ175 is changing to

AKL 1055 PER 1325

in a couple of weeks to better connect from North & South America, as well as the addition of a 3 weekly 767 to better connect in the opposite direction.

AKL 1855 PER 2135
PER 0615 AKL 1735
Old Nov 30, 2015, 12:06 pm
Suspended

And you're still single? How is that possible?

*yawn*
I guess your tiredness caused the erroneous post. Have a nap. You'll feel much fresher.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.