Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Status Match? UA1K and DL Plat

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2015, 2:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, former UA1K MM lifetime (left UA for DL), FPCPlat, DL Biz and Plat Amex
Status Match? UA1K and DL Plat

leaving United after years of complaining. Have lots of Oz and NZ flying this coming year. Does Air New Z status match? is it a challenge? is it worth it?

most flying will be on skyteam in 2016. Not crazy about Virgin Australia, so need an airline for OZ/NZ.

thanks
Old Nov 8, 2015, 10:33 am

Programs: NZ Koru
They have in the past, but that's been for airlines like Qantas. Typically *A airlines or airlines within the same alliance wont status match each other.

How often are you flying to NZ/AU and in what class? NZ has probably some of the worst earn rates of any program.
Old Nov 8, 2015, 11:05 am

Programs: NZ*E, UA*1K, QF Plat
If you want to earn and burn Air NZ is the last programme you should be considering.
I am NZ based but keep UA 1K for my earn and burn needs.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 9:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, former UA1K MM lifetime (left UA for DL), FPCPlat, DL Biz and Plat Amex
Thanks!

Fly lowest faes (for charity)
Old Nov 9, 2015, 10:35 am

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by privacylawyer
Most low end fares on NZ earn, next to nothing - see http://www.airnzpoints.co.nz/ it shows you the earning rates.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 10:27 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by privacylawyer
In that case you may as well join Airpoints because you will not get mileage in any other program. Just keep your expectations for status earning and mileage earning/redemption suitably low.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.