Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NZ80

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2015, 12:36 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by Trumpkin
This has also been covered on Kiwiblog - http://www.kiwiblog.co.nz/2015/10/guest_post_nz80.html
Didn't take long for the trolls and self declared aviation experts to voice their opinions and start trashing everybody and everything. I particularly loved the post about Air NZ needing 4 additional planes so they could have spares.

I have to hold onto a big piece of wood whenever I talk about flight delays. In all my years of flying I've missed a connection at AMS in 1998 due to ATC issues and had a diversion from ROT to TRG due to weather last year. I hope my good run continues but accept that the laws of probability mean it's unlikely to do so forever. :-)

The one piece of advice every airline needs to follow (and this is probably a classic case where it didn't happen) is to ensure passengers are always made happy on the ground. Letting any passenger board a flight and moving the issue onto the cabin crew isn't smart as there is very little they can do about anything.

Last edited by sbiddle; Oct 6, 2015 at 12:41 pm
Old Oct 10, 2015, 6:38 am

Originally Posted by sbiddle
The problem with a flight going tech there is that it doesn't take long sitting on the ground waiting before a crew goes over their hours. Even if the issue is fixed they have no option but to take a rest break. I can't imagine Air NZ have any more than a single crew there at a time, so don't have additional crew they can call upon.
Incidentally, I'm constantly amazed that the economics of having a 77E sit idle in HKG from ~7:00 am to ~7:00 pm every day presumably make sense.
Old Oct 11, 2015, 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by SpannerSpinner
Aircrew need rest hours to be able to fly home, who is going to stop a handful of passengers from trashing your expensive aircraft and emptying the bar carts?
The same crew who were bringing the metal home
Old Oct 12, 2015, 1:39 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by W91238
The same crew who were bringing the metal home
If they were supervising pax on board the grounded a/c the crew would not be getting the required rest, adding to the delays for the eventual flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.