Wiki Posts
Search

Interline with CI?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2015, 11:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: asia miles
Interline with CI?

I will flight from Niue to Auckland on NZ and then to Taipei on CI. I am wondering if NZ and CI interline and if they will be able to check my luggage all the way to TPE or if I need to check-in again in Auckland?
Old Sep 1, 2015, 11:31 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Are you traveling on an single ticket? NZ has no 'no through' check policy for passengers traveling on two tickets. This can be waived if you have gold status with NZ.

I wouldn't put to much hopes in IUE being able to check you though, I know a couple years back they we're still hand writing boarding passes. With the airport only get two services twice an week, staff skill will be limited.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 11:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: asia miles
Thank you for the reply. In that particulat case, I will indeed be travelling on two seperate tickets. So I assume in Auckland I will have to clear immigration, get my bag and then check-in again at the CI counter?
Old Sep 2, 2015, 12:20 am

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by blandy62
Thank you for the reply. In that particulat case, I will indeed be travelling on two seperate tickets. So I assume in Auckland I will have to clear immigration, get my bag and then check-in again at the CI counter?
Correct you'll need to fully clear customs/immigration in Auckland, then re-check.

You'll want to make sure you've got an decent connection in Auckland, e.g. allow at-least an hour to clear customs/immigration and immigration if you've not on an NZ/AU passport.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.