Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

Same day change to dom "FlexiTime" fares

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Same day change to dom "FlexiTime" fares

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2015, 4:37 pm

Programs: NZ Elite (*G), IHG Spire Elite, Accor ALL Gold
Originally Posted by HighFlyingKiwi
Interesting, Did you route through WLG? I find the TRG - WLG can be tricky. If you had booked at TRG-DUD via CHC, i assume they will let you change it to say a TRG-DUD via AKL routing?
Yeah, they will let you do any routing you want as long as its the same destination. Once did Palmy to AKL via WLG as it would get me home quicker than waiting a few hours for my originally booked direct flight to AKL.
Old Jul 23, 2015, 6:28 am

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
Originally Posted by BZNZ
Yeah, they will let you do any routing you want as long as its the same destination. Once did Palmy to AKL via WLG as it would get me home quicker than waiting a few hours for my originally booked direct flight to AKL.
Did air nz offer the re routing or did you come up with the suggestion?

Did you earn APD & SP for the original routing or the route you flew?

I decided to book the flexi plus in case the other 3 flights don't come through I can at least get a refund and shuttle home same day door to door. Beats overnighting and it's still cheaper.
Old Jul 23, 2015, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by NZbutterfly

Did you earn APD & SP for the original routing or the route you flew?

I decided to book the flexi plus in case the other 3 flights don't come through I can at least get a refund and shuttle home same day door to door. Beats overnighting and it's still cheaper.
In theory you should only earn for a single origin-destination 'journey' irrespective of actual sectors flown. I've had mixed results over the years. I even did a AKL-CHC-AKL via WLG both ways in the days of cheap grabaseat to see what I would earn. The outbound was disrupted so I earned for 2 sectors, but the return was earned as if a CHC-AKL direct. YMMV.

Status Points earned are calculated on your whole Journey based on the point of departure and final destination (which is the furthest point in your travels from point of origin). For example, if you travel from Palmerston North - Auckland - Los Angeles - London and then back again to Palmerston North in Discount Economy, you would earn 120 Status Points each way (110 Status Points plus a Domestic Add-on of 10 Status Points), a total of 240 Status Points for the return Journey.
http://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/statu...ealand-flights
Old Jul 23, 2015, 3:08 pm

Programs: NZ Elite (*G), IHG Spire Elite, Accor ALL Gold
Originally Posted by NZbutterfly

Did you earn APD & SP for the original routing or the route you flew
I proposed the new route.

As far as I recall the APD/SP worked out to be the same as direct.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 1:29 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
SP on reroutes will change if the route is one where loopholes currently exist in the SP earn for non direct flights.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 11:43 pm

Does anyone know if a full refund can be provided on domestic FlexiPlus fare, AFTER entering the Auckland domestic Koru lounge? (should I decide not to travel and cancell the flight 1-2 hours prior to departure) thanks.
Old Sep 24, 2015, 12:15 am

Originally Posted by zqsn5678
Does anyone know if a full refund can be provided on domestic FlexiPlus fare, AFTER entering the Auckland domestic Koru lounge? (should I decide not to travel and cancell the flight 1-2 hours prior to departure) thanks.
Below is a copy paste from air nz rules on flexi plus.

Booking cancellations
Fully refundable (unless changed from a Grabaseat or Smart Saver fare when only upgraded portion is refundable)
No refund fee if cancelled prior to departure

Erm..below is hopefully a hyperlink to the page.

http://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/domes...ons-flexi-plus

According to that you should be able to refund prior to departure. I've never had to refund to date.
Old Sep 24, 2015, 6:55 am

Programs: QF LTG, VASG, NZ*S, OZD, IHG SpireAMB, HHD
Yes, I've done this a few times. They do have to uncheck you, though, as entry to the lounge automatically checks you in.
Old Sep 24, 2015, 2:29 pm

NZbutterfly thank you for the reply. yes I see that on the website but just unsure what exactly does 'prior to departure' mean.

Originally Posted by pbl22
Yes, I've done this a few times. They do have to uncheck you, though, as entry to the lounge automatically checks you in.
Can "uncheck" be done by one of the lounge attendants at the desk? cheers, pbl22
Old Sep 24, 2015, 2:33 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, KQ Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Gold, Choice Gold
I have done this once or twice as well. Once you're in the lounge/checked in it is slightly more complicated than going on the website/app and cancelling the booking. When I've done it I've called up as I've walked out of the airport and had them "offload" me (their words) from the flight. Only takes a couple of minutes.

I'm sure some people abuse it from time to time (e.g. if you had a three hour wait between Jetstar flights you could do it), but I suspect (and hope) they'd be taking a closer look if you did it regularly.

Related:
http://nypost.com/2014/01/29/man-use...ee-for-a-year/
Old Sep 24, 2015, 2:50 pm

Programs: NZ*S plus various hotel programs
Can "uncheck" be done by one of the lounge attendants at the desk?
The one time I did it, which was when I realised my laptop wasn't working when I was about to go on a work trip, I just spoke to one of the lounge attendants at the desk, explained that I wanted to "uncheck" so I could get it fixed. This took a few minutes and then they went to retrieve my checked in bag.
Old Sep 24, 2015, 7:11 pm

[QUOTE=zqsn5678;25473773]NZbutterfly thank you for the reply. yes I see that on the website but just unsure what exactly does 'prior to departure' mean.

Ah i took that to mean cabin doors closed and you're not on the plane. Prior to that time you won't incur the refund fee.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.