Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Burning Upgrades - Advise

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2015, 3:12 am

Originally Posted by sbiddle
If you don't want them I'll willingly accept them!
Yes please? unless they are useless for a jade member.

I have three trips between Shanghai and akl over the next 4 months.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 4:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by greg23
[snip] ... Agree with the previous members post, I'd much prefer to "pay" someone the equivalent in cash to use a expiring recognition upgrade and have the upgrade confirmed at booking or at least a much better chance of being upgraded as RU's would be processed ahead of OneUp regardless.

Perhaps someone should start a separate thread to coordinate this for those who wish to part with RU's which they don't plan on using?
(unless there are Air NZ conditions which would prevent this)
Naturally, there are such conditions, probably open to Air NZ's interpretation. I suggest such matters are not discussed here. Just saying.

4.1.7 We will monitor your Gifting Register for any fraudulent activities. If we discover any fraudulent activities, clause 14 will apply.

4.1.8 You must not receive any Cash or other consideration as payment for any Rewards you gift.

4.1.9 We reserve the right to require confirmation of your or a Giftee's home address. This confirmation can be in the form of a copy of a utilities bill, such as a phone or power bill, issued in the previous month, on the issuing company's letterhead paper, in the Member's or the Giftee's name (as applicable) at their current home address, or any other verification we may ask for.
4.2 Gifting from Elite and Gold Members

Notwithstanding clause 4.1 but subject to clause 4.2.3, each Elite Member is entitled to nominate up to four people, and each Gold member up to two people as Gift Recipients. Gift Recipients do not need to live in the same Household as the Elite or Gold Member. Subject to clause 4.2.4 Elite and Gold Members may gift Rewards (excluding Companion Tickets) to Gift Recipients subject to the following conditions:
Old Jan 25, 2015, 1:07 pm

Programs: Air New Zealand NZ*S
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
Naturally, there are such conditions, probably open to Air NZ's interpretation. I suggest such matters are not discussed here. Just saying.
I am sure they would cancel our Airpoints membership if I sold them, so will just be letting them die.
I have previously given away our Car Park vouchers but you cant do that now either.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 11:58 pm

Programs: NZ*E, Accor Plus Platinum
Originally Posted by smandkjc
I am sure they would cancel our Airpoints membership if I sold them, so will just be letting them die.
I have previously given away our Car Park vouchers but you cant do that now either.
And that's certainly understandable. It wouldn't be worth the risk, as a previous members post points out, there are terms and conditions preventing this from happening.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 7:39 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
Originally Posted by greg23
Perhaps someone should start a separate thread to coordinate this for those who wish to part with RU's which they don't plan on using?
(unless there are Air NZ conditions which would prevent this)
I think they state that you can't sell them etc however they can't exactly police it since you are allowed to give them away. Some obscure thread with details done via private messaging might work.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 11:39 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
FT rules limit threads gifting (etc) instruments to the Coupon Connection forum.

Not everyone who has posted to this thread has access to that forum.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.