Wiki Posts
Search

Partner lounges

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2015, 10:55 pm

Programs: Airpoints, HHONORS GOLD VIP, Aclub Gold
Originally Posted by ajnz
Agreed.

If you're in T3/Intl and are really looking for a lounge that's good, the Amex Centurion lounge is the only way to go - even if you don't have a Platinum or Centurion card, it's probably worth paying the $50 (with another Amex) to get in if lounge access is really important.
do you know if the air nz platinum card can get you into the lounge? I read on the website some third party cards are excluded.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 1:46 am

Programs: NZ*E, UA*1K, QF Plat
I could be wrong, but I think it is the Amex Platinum charge card that gets you in.
Best lounge I have visited in North America.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 1:56 am

Programs: Airpoints, HHONORS GOLD VIP, Aclub Gold
Originally Posted by WLGNZ
I could be wrong, but I think it is the Amex Platinum charge card that gets you in.
website does mention credit or charge card
Old Jan 6, 2015, 2:15 am

Programs: NZ Elite (*G), QF S (OWR), UA 0.14MM
Originally Posted by WLGNZ
Their official website and access policy here: http://thecenturionlounge.com/info/access

In short:
- ALL Valid American Express Charge or Credit Card can enter/use the lounge, for a fee of US$50 per person (US$50 per extra guest)
- American Express Platinum Charge Card or Centurion members can use the lounge free-of-charge (as part of the card perks), along with 2 guests
- Any internationally (i.e. non US) issued cards are also eligible, as are cards issued by other banks.

The way I read the above, means that even the lowly Air NZ American Express card (the no annual fee one) are eligible to use the lounge, at a charge of US$50 per visit.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 3:39 am

Programs: NZ*G, QF NB, UA 1K, AA ExecPlat, IHG PlatAmb, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, ZE1 PC
Originally Posted by QTFLYER
do you know if the air nz platinum card can get you into the lounge? I read on the website some third party cards are excluded.
All Amex cards will get you in (USD50), but only the Amex Platinum Card and Centurion Card get you in free of charge.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 6:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ*G,Accor-Gold
so reading all this..

It's a nz ticket on Saturday on HNO (nz9285 which is on United plane (ua1562) and I am flying business class (as airnz say) I won't get access to the SFO airnz partner lounge (which airnz state is one of their partner lounges in SFO) .

This is ignoring the *G I am on now ( I just turned gold 2 days ago and still only have *S card until I get back to Auckland and get it (or elite card)

Yes Hawaii from SFO is classed as domestic and I'm going from t3 and as far as airnz site says

"Access is only available prior to the departure of your Air New Zealand operated and ticketed flight on the same day from the same terminal. "

So I wild have to be flying from SFO to AKL from the international terminal to get access on a nz ticketed and airnz plane?

So there are no "free" lounges in SFO for me?
Old Jan 6, 2015, 7:17 pm

Programs: NZ*S plus various hotel programs
Originally Posted by Craig Whitmore
This is ignoring the *G I am on now ( I just turned gold 2 days ago and still only have *S card until I get back to Auckland and get it (or elite card)
You can contact Air NZ by phone and they will email you a letter saying that you have Gold status and that they can be contacted to confirm this. This is to cover situations like yours where you don't have access to the gold card.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 7:19 pm

Programs: QF LTG, VASG, NZ*S, OZD, IHG SpireAMB, HHD
Not unless your boarding pass recognises your new *G status or you can somehow otherwise prove you are *G. That's how it goes on US domestic.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 7:52 pm
Original Poster

I just rang airnz up and as I am on a multi stop trip AKL-SFO-HNO-AKL in business class ( with a week in SFO and a week in HNO) they were pretty sure I would be allowed in to sin lounge. They did say it was all confusing and they took a while to check for
Me.

If I don't get in it won't be the end of the world
Old Jan 6, 2015, 8:17 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
I just rang airnz up and as I am on a multi stop trip AKL-SFO-HNO-AKL in business class ( with a week in SFO and a week in HNO) they were pretty sure I would be allowed in to sin lounge. They did say it was all confusing and they took a while to check for
Me.

If I don't get in it won't be the end of the world
They can email you an letter to print, that proves you have attain *G status and just awaiting your card etc
Old Jan 6, 2015, 8:42 pm

Programs: NZ Elite (*G)
so reading all this..

It's a nz ticket on Saturday on HNO (nz9285 which is on United plane (ua1562) and I am flying business class (as airnz say) I won't get access to the SFO airnz partner lounge (which airnz state is one of their partner lounges in SFO) .

Yes Hawaii from SFO is classed as domestic and I'm going from t3 and as far as airnz site says

"Access is only available prior to the departure of your Air New Zealand operated and ticketed flight on the same day from the same terminal. "

So I wild have to be flying from SFO to AKL from the international terminal to get access on a nz ticketed and airnz plane?

If you are *G with Air New Zealand you can access the United Club lounges at SFO, even for domestic flights on a *A carrier. They're not great lounges but you will be able to access them. If you have an iPad, iPhone, etc, use the app to show your status. That might suffice if it is not on your boarding pass.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 1:12 pm

Programs: NZ*G, QF NB, UA 1K, AA ExecPlat, IHG PlatAmb, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, ZE1 PC
Originally Posted by SeaProf
If you are *G with Air New Zealand you can access the United Club lounges at SFO, even for domestic flights on a *A carrier. They're not great lounges but you will be able to access them. If you have an iPad, iPhone, etc, use the app to show your status. That might suffice if it is not on your boarding pass.
Correct, and this is what was stated earlier in the thread.

SQ lounge - I'd suspect probably no dice, especially because it will be closed at the time of UA1562 departure. I'd still expect no dice even if it was open for the reasons given previously.
BR lounge - not sure if it will be open, it may be just opening up around boarding time for UA1562. You might be able to access it if it is open. The thread on the UA forum does not look positive for *G access on domestic itineraries (at least as UA*G).
UA lounges - both will be open and accessible as NZ*G traveling on a Star flight. There is no problem accessing this as long as you can prove NZ*G status. Domestic business/first class will not get you access.

I'll still stand by my comment that unless you need good WiFi (available in the UA lounges), you're not going to miss much by not going to any of the lounges. They're pretty lousy; and there's better food/drink on offer elsewhere - especially down in T3E if UA1562 is departing from there.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 2:36 pm

Programs: NZ Elite (*G)
Originally Posted by ajnz
I'll still stand by my comment that unless you need good WiFi (available in the UA lounges), you're not going to miss much by not going to any of the lounges. They're pretty lousy; and there's better food/drink on offer elsewhere - especially down in T3E if UA1562 is departing from there.
Yes, if you're looking for food by all means avoid the United lounges like the plague.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 7:32 am
Original Poster

I would try to get in right now (Singapore) (if it was open) :-)

Waiting at T3.

Strangely enough my wife got tsa pre when we checked in but I didnt . When I asked they said it was random. I thought tsa pre was for U.S. citizens only ( me nz with older non chip passport, my wife with chip uk passport)
Old Jan 10, 2015, 12:25 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Strangely enough my wife got tsa pre when we checked in but I didnt . When I asked they said it was random. I thought tsa pre was for U.S. citizens only ( me nz with older non chip passport, my wife with chip uk passport)
TSA Pre can only be signed up for by US citizens flying US airlines, however since last year TSA also selects other pax to use TSA Pre lines.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.