Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reasons why seats are "unavailable"

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2017, 8:18 pm

Programs: NZ Elite (*G)
I'm under the impression, perhaps wrongly, that entire rows are blocked for 3rd party providers, such as Kayak. I've noticed that when my students book via Kayak, they end up in the seats that are blocked out for students who book directly through Air NZ.

Just a possibility.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cavemanzk
Have an look at this seat map - http://www.airnzagent.co.nz/assets/P...-haul-LOPA.pdf

In the forward cabin the ABC / HJK reserved for passengers that have purchased the SkyCouch Product, some will be used as Frequent Flyer Seats and the rest held for passengers in SkyCoych.

If you don't have *G you won't be able to select any seats in this area.
Thanks! Ya probably just preblocked skycouches... no necessarily occupied so hopefully there will be more open space.

BTW the seat map attached has 39-43 rows as skycouches but most only sources mention that entire front cabin starting from 35 has skycouch setup.

Is it just a matter of "designated skycouch" preblock being 39-43 but 35-38 rows can be set up too? I moved with kids to one of those rows as *G once they became free...
Old Apr 6, 2017, 5:57 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by azepine00

BTW the seat map attached has 39-43 rows as skycouches but most only sources mention that entire front cabin starting from 35 has skycouch setup.

Is it just a matter of "designated skycouch" preblock being 39-43 but 35-38 rows can be set up too? I moved with kids to one of those rows as *G once they became free...
35-43 ABC//HJK are all fitted with SkyCouch equipment, typically they will only sell around half of the seats that can be configured as SkyCouch hence the reset are used an Frequently Flyer Seats.

Only passengers that have purchased the SkyCouch product will get the seatbelt pack after take-off, which is required to lie down on the seats. Passengers using the Frequent Flyer seats are still able to use the adjustable leg reset.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cavemanzk
35-43 ABC//HJK are all fitted with SkyCouch equipment, typically they will only sell around half of the seats that can be configured as SkyCouch hence the reset are used an Frequently Flyer Seats.

Only passengers that have purchased the SkyCouch product will get the seatbelt pack after take-off, which is required to lie down on the seats. Passengers using the Frequent Flyer seats are still able to use the adjustable leg reset.
I don't believe there is a "requirement" to have seat belts to lie down on skycouch - the only requirement i can see is to buckle up when the sign is on...
Based on reports here crews often give seat belts (but not pillows etc) even without skycouch purchase but of course its up to them.. i'll bring a couple big disposable pillows and perhaps 10 dollar foam pad with me regardless
Old Apr 6, 2017, 11:22 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by azepine00
I don't believe there is a "requirement" to have seat belts to lie down on skycouch - the only requirement i can see is to buckle up when the sign is on...
NZ is usually pretty strict on your must wear an seatbelt while seated, even if the seatbelt sign isn't on.
Old May 15, 2019, 7:02 pm

Programs: AC SE
I'd booked Air NZ flights in Premium Economy from LAX-RAR on a 772, and even booking 6 months out, I was surprised to see that there none of the pairs of window/aisle seats available, so the only options for one of the flights were in the middle section of 4 seats. The A/C and H/K seats in rows 25-27 were already booked, and all of row 24, as well as 23 A/C appears to be blocked.

Any info on what criteria they use to block those seats and if/when those become available? Both of us are Star Alliance Gold, traveling on an A fare. Do they hold those for Air NZ FF's or other reasons? Given that we're traveling as a couple and like window seats, I was hoping to snag one of the pairs of seats adjacent to the window if those get released at any point.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.