Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

Elite benefits on a Virgin Australia flight Singapore airline plane

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2014, 7:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond

Hi all

Looking at choosing between a Singapore Airline flight on a singapore plane and a virgin flight on the same Singapore plane

The flight is a BNE to Sin to Hkg

To get the Lounge access and priority checkin do I have to book the Singapore flight?

There is a price difference but if I take the virgin flight it will be a 'eligible velocity sector'
Old Nov 20, 2014, 8:37 am

Programs: NZ Gold, BA Gold, QF Silver, IHG Platinum Elite Ambassador, Accor Diamond
Originally Posted by Beano
Hi all

Looking at choosing between a Singapore Airline flight on a singapore plane and a virgin flight on the same Singapore plane

The flight is a BNE to Sin to Hkg

To get the Lounge access and priority checkin do I have to book the Singapore flight?

There is a price difference but if I take the virgin flight it will be a 'eligible velocity sector'
As *G you get lounge access and business class check in on all SQ operated flights, whether it be VA codeshare or not.

The difference will be what airbucks and status points you get which will depend on the booking code, see http://www.airnewzealand.com.au/airp...itions#earning
Old Nov 20, 2014, 3:42 pm

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
I take it the OP wants to credit to VA but get NZ *G benefits. Shouldn't be a problem. Just present your card at check in and make sure the agent won't change your number.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 11:26 pm
Original Poster

Smile Crediting

Originally Posted by Xiaotung
I take it the OP wants to credit to VA but get NZ *G benefits. Shouldn't be a problem. Just present your card at check in and make sure the agent won't change your number.
Yes xiaotung
Yes aim of the exercise is to gain virgin status but get *G benefits ....it's only for a few months till I gain status with velocity I need to do this
Old Nov 20, 2014, 11:33 pm
Original Poster

Cool SQ flights

Originally Posted by libertyuk
As *G you get lounge access and business class check in on all SQ operated flights, whether it be VA codeshare or not.

The difference will be what airbucks and status points you get which will depend on the booking code, see http://www.airnewzealand.com.au/airp...itions#earning
The aim is to gain virgin status while getting *G benefits

There will be no credit to Airpoints

The lifting of the banking of a year to 2,400 SP from 2,000 SP and the reduction of SP earning on the cheaper fares makes it not worth trying to reach the next level

Plus having virgin status will be very handy
Old Nov 21, 2014, 12:48 am

Programs: NZ Elite, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Call VA up and ask them to enter your NZ numbers as a FQTS and your VA number as a FQTV. That should allow you to earn on VA but also provides SQ with the NZ number on a non-accrual basis.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 1:06 am

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
Originally Posted by LyingFlat
Call VA up and ask them to enter your NZ numbers as a FQTS and your VA number as a FQTV. That should allow you to earn on VA but also provides SQ with the NZ number on a non-accrual basis.
I don't think VA can do this as it's a unique feature to NZ.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 6:00 am

Programs: Too many golds, no plat: OZ*G, AC*G, NZ*G, VA Gold, QF Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by libertyuk

Are you absolutely sure of this? Because I was just facing the same dilemma. The VA codeshare on SQ is much, much cheaper, and although I'm happy to credit the flight to VA, I really would like lounge access in SYD and SIN...

Interestingly, it's not actually unique to NZ - SQ has had this as a feature for a long time. I think in their case it's driven by the need for PPS and Krisflyer accumulation to remain separate. However, it's not clear as to whether you could do this when it's on a VA flight number.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 4:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Certainly not unique to NZ. It's a feature of most mainstream GDS's.

For example through Amadeus Qantas can have several:
Originally Posted by denCSA
Wrong, QF is able to input the following different frequent flyer information (numbers) at checkin time:

Accrual
Redemption
Upgrade
Service
The fields are:
  • Accrual [FQTV]
  • Redemption [FQTR]
  • Upgrade [FQTU]
  • Service [FQTS]
More here:
Interface: PoweredPNR
Amadeus Quick Reference Guide

(search for FQxx - there's generally more than one entry in each document)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.