Wiki Posts
Search

yukk!! [dirty equipment complaint]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2014, 10:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Silver; BA blue; Velocity red; Qantas Silver
yukk!! [dirty equipment complaint]

This morning I flew AKL to BNE in BP and was disgusted to have such a dirty seat/equipment. Even the armrest with stowing space was full of crumbs but it was the fingernails that I found in there to be the last straw and I reported it to the crew!!!! This is unacceptable cleaning, or lack of, especially in BP. Have you noticed aircraft cleaning standards slipping?
Old Oct 23, 2014, 12:07 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
I haven't seen anything myself lately that's really bad apart from the terrible 763 cabin, but have heard a few people complaining about this on the 777 fleet, and have been told that aircraft cleaning has been reduced significantly as part of the cost cutting policies.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 12:15 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by sbiddle
I haven't seen anything myself lately that's really bad apart from the terrible 763 cabin, but have heard a few people complaining about this on the 777 fleet, and have been told that aircraft cleaning has been reduced significantly as part of the cost cutting policies.
I went on OKS (2 months old) a couple of weeks ago in Y+, and it was already looking yuck and dirty.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 2:13 pm

Programs: Air New Zealand NZ*S
Usually have to use the hot towel to clean the window and IFE screen.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 4:00 pm

Same.

For me its hot towels + hand sanitizer.

Tray table, arm rest, touch screen IFE & remote buttons gets it!

With Ebola running riot, probably best to DIY.

Greasy (from hair?) windows annoy me the most.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 12:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Silver; BA blue; Velocity red; Qantas Silver
Originally Posted by smandkjc
Usually have to use the hot towel to clean the window and IFE screen.

Ah! So that's their real purpose then ;-)
Old Nov 18, 2014, 4:59 pm

Programs: Air NZ Silver.Qantas.Emerates
Talking

Originally Posted by Cappuccino
This morning I flew AKL to BNE in BP and was disgusted to have such a dirty seat/equipment. Even the armrest with stowing space was full of crumbs but it was the fingernails that I found in there to be the last straw and I reported it to the crew!!!! This is unacceptable cleaning, or lack of, especially in BP. Have you noticed aircraft cleaning standards slipping?
I can confirm I had the same experience back from Nadi in PE.
The FA handed me some wipes to clean the tray table when they were dishing out the food. I think they should offer another option when you book, where you clean your own table and pay slightly less. Similar to seat/seat bag
Old Nov 19, 2014, 11:42 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
I flew on a 733 back from Christchurch on Sunday and another back from Auckland on Tuesday. Both had horribly grubby greasy hand prints in numerous places overhead in the cabin.

I know the 763 and 733 fleet are old, and marks and ill-fitting panels are the reality of 18yr - 25yr old planes but IMHO there are absolutely no excuses for grubby hand prints presumably left by engineers when they could be cleaned so easily. If there is no attention to detail when it comes to basic cleaning it makes you wonder what else is ignored in the goal of delivering profit at all costs.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 11:51 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
We've amended the title to conform with the FlyerTalk Rules.

4. ThreadTitles

Please create thread titles that are specific and descriptive and that contain an accurate (not misleading or sensational) characterization of the topic. If you wish to change your thread's title, please contact a moderator. Moderators may also edit thread titles to clarify content.
JDiver
Senior Moderator
Old Nov 19, 2014, 5:46 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Originally Posted by uakmoraj13
I can confirm I had the same experience back from Nadi in PE.
The FA handed me some wipes to clean the tray table when they were dishing out the food. I think they should offer another option when you book, where you clean your own table and pay slightly less. Similar to seat/seat bag
No the issue really is whether Works just gets you th e wipe or Works Deluxe has the FA wipe for you....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.