Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2014, 10:51 am
Original Poster

LAX TBIT move

Is this still on schedule for November?

http://www.ausbt.com.au/air-new-zeal...graded-lounges

PUBLISHED 27 AUG, 2014

AirNZ CEO Chris Luxon told Australian Business Traveller at a press briefing

"In October we move into The Queen's Terminal in London with all of our Star Alliance partners, and in November we'll move into the Tom Bradley International Terminal and obviously into the Star Alliance lounge that we've created and run there."
Old Oct 20, 2014, 4:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Looking at Expert Flyer, the special AC/NZ T2 MCT still ends Oct25.

However, looking ahead to LAX depatures next year, see a GDS lodged change in March with flights departing TBIT on and after Sunday March 29th.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 12:28 am

Programs: NZ*G
I'm flying Oct 28 AKL-LAX on NZ6 , and my booking has recently updated to show arrival at LAX into 'Terminal B' (which I believe is TBIT..?) where previously it was Terminal 2, so I guess the change is certainly almost upon us!

I'm then connecting to AC for onward journey to YYZ - from Terminal 2. Sooo...I'd appreciate any tips/info on getting from TBIT to Terminal 2 - I'm guessing the free shuttle buses are the best option..?

Last edited by NZGez; Oct 21, 2014 at 12:30 am Reason: Doh - wrote wrong number! T2 not T1.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 1:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
TBIT to T2 is a 5 minute walk or 15 minutes on the shuttle bus (it goes from TBIT to T4, T5, T6, T7&8, T1 then T2).

Last edited by serfty; Oct 21, 2014 at 3:01 pm
Old Oct 21, 2014, 1:51 am

Programs: Airnz Elite
Arrival terminal in LAX

Originally Posted by NZGez
I'm flying Oct 28 AKL-LAX on NZ6 , and my booking has recently updated to show arrival at LAX into 'Terminal B' (which I believe is TBIT..?) where previously it was Terminal 2, so I guess the change is certainly almost upon us!

I'm then connecting to AC for onward journey to YYZ - from Terminal 2. Sooo...I'd appreciate any tips/info on getting from TBIT to Terminal 2 - I'm guessing the free shuttle buses are the best option..?
that's odd as I have my arrivals in LAX still showing as T2

NZ6 October 25th that shows terminal 2
NZ2 December 16th also shows terminal 2
NZ2 May 2 next year also shows terminal 2
Old Oct 21, 2014, 2:35 am

It's getting even weirder - I just now rechecked my booking (MyAirNZ), and now its showing T2, yet it definitely had "Terminal B" 2 hours ago. Sheesh! Maybe I won't know for sure until the wheels hit the ground in LA...
Old Oct 21, 2014, 2:49 am

Originally Posted by serfty
TBIT to T2 is a 5 minute walk or 15 minutes on the shuttle bus (it goes from TBIT to T5, T5, T6, T7&8, T1 then T2).
A well sign-posted walk?
Old Oct 21, 2014, 3:18 am

Programs: Too many golds, no plat: OZ*G, AC*G, NZ*G, VA Gold, QF Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
A well sign-posted walk?
Turn left as you walk out the front doors of TBIT and it's hard to miss T2. There are Air Canada signs too.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 3:24 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by mad_atta
Turn left as you walk out the front doors of TBIT and it's hard to miss T2. There are Air Canada signs too.
Also go up one level from arrivals. There are a couple of escalators in the walkway between TBIT and T2.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 7:04 pm

Programs: QF Gold, NZ *G, TK Elite *G
It's getting even weirder - I just now rechecked my booking (MyAirNZ), and now its showing T2, yet it definitely had "Terminal B" 2 hours ago. Sheesh! Maybe I won't know for sure until the wheels hit the ground in LA...
I noticed the exact same thing yesterday on an AKL-LAX-AKL booking. It has now changed back to saying Terminal 2
Old Oct 21, 2014, 7:12 pm

Programs: QF LTG, VASG, NZ*S, OZD, IHG SpireAMB, HHD
Perhaps there are "delays" to their original plans.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 4:43 pm
Original Poster

doesn't it seem odd that the ceo publicly says "in 2 months we will move..." and now the move is now delayed a further 6 months+?? Planning, I guess, is not a base skill.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 8:02 pm

Programs: QF Gold, NZ *G, TK Elite *G
Originally Posted by Cymba
doesn't it seem odd that the ceo publicly says "in 2 months we will move..." and now the move is now delayed a further 6 months+?? Planning, I guess, is not a base skill.
Do you have a link for this? Will be disappointing if true. Was looking forward to trying out the new Star Alliance TBIT Lounge
Old Oct 22, 2014, 9:01 pm

Programs: NZ Elite (*G), QF S (OWR), UA 0.14MM
Originally Posted by pepsi1336
Do you have a link for this? Will be disappointing if true. Was looking forward to trying out the new Star Alliance TBIT Lounge
From an article back in August this year:

Luxon also confirmed the timetable for Air New Zealand's move into new terminals at London and Los Angeles.

"In October we move into The Queen's Terminal in London with all of our Star Alliance partners, and in November we'll move into the Tom Bradley International Terminal and obviously into the Star Alliance lounge that we've created and run there."
Source: Australian Business Traveller
Old Oct 23, 2014, 5:16 am

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
airnz move

Originally Posted by Kamadan
From an article back in August this year:

Source: Australian Business Traveller
Airnz move must be in November 2015 as it appears that in may 2015 they are still in the old terminal

Last edited by Beano; Oct 23, 2014 at 5:23 am Reason: Error in date

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.