LAX TBIT move

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2014, 5:17 am

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
airnz move

Originally Posted by Kamadan
From an article back in August this year:

Source: Australian Business Traveller
Airnz move must be in November 2015 as it appears that in may 2015 they are still in the old terminal
Old Oct 24, 2014, 12:06 am

Programs: NZ*E
I have a booking to LHR through LAX on 26 May next year that still shows the LAX terminal as B, so perhaps the terminal change will take place sometime that month.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 2:55 am

Programs: NZ *E, QF Gold, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, PanPacific Platinum
Dec 2014 is still planned date I am told by friend in ANZ
Old Oct 24, 2014, 8:01 pm

Programs: NZ Elite (*G)
Originally Posted by Markhm
Dec 2014 is still planned date I am told by friend in ANZ
My flight on 7 December still shows Terminal 2, so perhaps after that date?
Old Oct 26, 2014, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
I have a booking for March (arrival) and June (departure) - both show T2. (This was made in August)
Old Nov 3, 2014, 3:01 pm

Programs: NZ *E, QF Gold, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, PanPacific Platinum
Just received an email from AirNZ, Dec 3, first flight Nz6
Old Nov 3, 2014, 3:56 pm
Original Poster

http://www.voxy.co.nz/business/air-n...-home/5/206408

and

"In another added benefit, transiting customers will no longer need to remain in a dedicated transit facility and will instead be able to access the wider terminal while waiting for connecting flights. Eligible customers will also have access to the Star Alliance Los Angeles Lounge which Air New Zealand manages on behalf of Star Alliance."

Last edited by Cymba; Nov 3, 2014 at 4:05 pm
Old Nov 3, 2014, 7:57 pm

Programs: NZ Gold Elite, AS, AC, QF
Came through T2 last Wednesday: most of the shops are boarded up and there's no real food and beverage options. Except, of course, the lounges. But a rather bleak place at the moment.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 8:07 pm

Programs: NZ*E, UA*1K, QF Plat
TBIT Star lounge is nice.
Outside area looking back towards Terminal 3 and Terminal 2 is excellent.
Currently it does not have too many AirNZ personal touches though. With the longer hours and two shifts per day we may not be seeing as much of Matt and Thierry in future.
Old Nov 6, 2014, 12:40 pm

Programs: NZ*E, QR Plat
Sweet! My dec 5 flight just changed too!
Old Nov 6, 2014, 7:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by jawnbc
Came through T2 last Wednesday: most of the shops are boarded up and there's no real food and beverage options. Except, of course, the lounges. But a rather bleak place at the moment.
Yes, it is a truly terrible terminal as of late.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 11:22 am

Originally Posted by Cymba
"In another added benefit, transiting customers will no longer need to remain in a dedicated transit facility and will instead be able to access the wider terminal while waiting for connecting flights. Eligible customers will also have access to the Star Alliance Los Angeles Lounge which Air New Zealand manages on behalf of Star Alliance."
Rather shocked US authorities will allow transit passengers free roam of Bradley terminal airside without clearing immigrations. In every terminal I have ever been to in the US, it has always been possible to simply leave the airside departures area by walking out without any checks or controls. I suppose Bradley will be a closed terminal that the only exit is through immigrations & customs. A first for the US.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by Colin
Rather shocked US authorities will allow transit passengers free roam of Bradley terminal airside without clearing immigrations. In every terminal I have ever been to in the US, it has always been possible to simply leave the airside departures area by walking out without any checks or controls. I suppose Bradley will be a closed terminal that the only exit is through immigrations & customs. A first for the US.
It doesn't say that NZ1/2 through pax will not be processed by USCBP; it says they will not be required to remain in a holding facility during the transit. Currently NZ1/2 through pax are processed by USCBP into the holding facility; presumably at TBIT they will be processed by USCBP into general departures.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 3:37 pm

Does processed by US Customs & Border Patrol mean that LAX transit passengers on NZ 1/2 between AKL & LHR will be processed at the same USCBP facilities in the basement of Bradley, claim luggage, exit USCBP landside, elevator up to departures, and clear security to get airside?

Or, does processed by US Customs & Border Patrol mean these transit passenger exit to the departures level area where USCBP agents perform a special clearing procedure just for these passengers and then the passenger is immediately allowed into airside departures area? If yes, I assume that such a passenger would be free to then leave the airside secured area, perhaps to get a burger at In-n-Out?
Old Nov 12, 2014, 6:18 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by Colin
If yes, I assume that such a passenger would be free to then leave the airside secured area, perhaps to get a burger at In-n-Out?
Forget the lounge, a 4x4 would be the dream transit...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.