Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flying NZ to HNL?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2015, 3:55 pm

Programs: NZ Elite (*G)
Originally Posted by smandkjc
I would shift to HA but don't think they have lie flats either.

Hawaiian recently announced they will be getting lie flat seats soon. Not sure if it will be on the AKL-HNL route, however.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by koruflyer1
Also does being booked in Y mean I will be getting meals and free IFE?
Thanks,
Koruflyer1

My guess, and it is a guess, is yes. I think Y does get "the works".
Old Nov 19, 2015, 4:06 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
Originally Posted by SeaProf
My guess, and it is a guess, is yes. I think Y does get "the works".
Pssssst! The original thread start date is Oct 14 so OP flew April 2015

HAs site says they're aiming for one plane out second quarter 2016 with the rest going in from sept 2016 so NZ will get a bit of a jump start on them.

I was hoping NZ would put the dreamliner on this route
Old Nov 19, 2015, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by NZbutterfly
Pssssst! The original thread start date is Oct 14 so OP flew April 2015
lol, thanks for that. The perils of someone commenting on threads past their "best by" date!
Old Nov 21, 2015, 1:49 pm

Programs: Air New Zealand NZ*S
Just wish they would have kept at least one flight per week on the old schedule i.e morning departure from AKL and evening departure from HNL.
Flying out of Queenstown we used to have to spend one night at Auckland going out but got home without a night in Auckland.
With the new schedule we will now get out on the same day but have to spend a night in Auckland or ChCh on the way back.
A 7.50Am arrival from ChCh or 9Am arrival from AKL in Queenstown is also too early to be collected getting back to Wanaka.
Even getting out of Honolulu in the morning is less convenient than an evening departure for us.
We are pleased about the move to a 787 aircraft though.
Old Nov 21, 2015, 2:58 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
I've been over to HNL the last 3 winters for a holiday and am looking forward to the change.

If you're heading out to another island the morning arrivals are great, it no longer means having to stay on Oahu for the night before a connection to another island.

One thing to remember about schedules is that it's not just about a single destination, but how that aircraft utilisation fits in across the whole fleet. The long haul fleet is used during the day for TT flights between their early morning arrivals into AKL and evening departures.

While I actually prefer the new times I suspect the change is more about fitting in with fleet usage rather than changes to suit customers.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 4:22 pm

Location: MSP, WLG, or the forward most A seat in Y I can get
Programs: UA Plat (and all the derivatives on cars and hotels that implies)
The May 2016 schedule seems more likely to be able to catch Australian traffic either way. That was always an oddity of the daytime flight ex-AKL is that it didn't connect with anything other than domestic connections, and Perth.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 9:18 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus Premier Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold
For the HA flights, it would be useful to know the exact schedule,esp. for the A332s. It's possible they are being shifted around to accomodate continuations to US West Coast {SFO|SJC|OAK}. I know SFO has picked up an additional A332 mid-morning departure for HNL (HA 41) in addition to HA 11, not sure about the others.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.