Search

Best value long term parking at AKL?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2014, 1:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: VA Silver, NZ Gold
Best value long term parking at AKL?

Hi there,

Just wanted some advice on the best value long term parking at AKL. Not necessarily looking for the cheapest, but good service with timely transfer shuttle and secure.

Cheers.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 2:25 pm

Programs: NZ GOLD (*G), KLM FB S, QF S,
Originally Posted by johnnyfive
Hi there,

Just wanted some advice on the best value long term parking at AKL. Not necessarily looking for the cheapest, but good service with timely transfer shuttle and secure.

Cheers.
I always use Air NZ parking since they first started. They were the ones that broke the airport monopoly of excessive parking charges. Always have had good service and timely drop off and pick ups. can book on the internet and also get a quote before booking.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 2:38 pm

Programs: DL Plat, NZ Elite, QF Plat
I always just park at the airport these days. The price is normally the same or even cheaper than off-site operators, and you don't have to wait for a pickup at 0100 when you have work the next morning and just want to get home to bed.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 2:48 pm

Programs: QF Gold, NZ *G, TK Elite *G
I usually use Park & Ride. Owned by the airport. $5 a day if you are there long term, secure and you park it yourself. Unlike many of the other off site parking places that take your keys and park it for you.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 4:01 pm

Programs: QF LTG, VASG, NZ*S, OZD, IHG SpireAMB, HHD
I always look online at the Auckland Airport prices. Usually I'm willing to pay more for the sheer convenience. As NZ_Flyer says, it saves the hassle of then having to wait for a late night shuttle to turn up. For 1-2 week trips, it usually works out at $11 a day or less.

Having said that, often my day trips would mean a significant cost at the airport. Then I use Air NZ Parking, which provides the most reliable and efficient service, in my opinion. Unfortunately, costs for 1 day increased substantially this year (from $15 walk-up/online purchase for 1 or 2 days to $23 online/$25 walk-up per day).
Old Oct 5, 2014, 4:59 pm

Programs: NZ*G, United.
Supporting above. My choices in order:
1 Online prebook and prepay airport parking at one of the regular long stay (cheaper) parks (L for domestic, E for international, S if I am doing both!)
2 AirNZ parking.
3 Airport Park and Ride (a few $ cheaper than AirNZ in my experience and the buses are reliable but can be a longer wait than AirNZ which is better synced to flights it seems).

Never just drive up and pay at airport.

Psychologically it feels better to be walking to your car at the end of a long day/week rather than waiting for a bus - even if they take the same time.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 5:15 pm

Programs: NZ*S
Originally Posted by pepsi1336
I usually use Park & Ride. Owned by the airport. $5 a day if you are there long term, secure and you park it yourself. Unlike many of the other off site parking places that take your keys and park it for you.
I may be switching to this also. My last trip I used AirNz parking as i usually do and I've since noticed a set of scratches just behind the drivers door consistent with where a jacket zip/belt buckle/etc has been pulled along the paint by somebody squeezing in/out of the car in a narrow parking space. Can't prove it was them but I would've noticed the day before my trip when i washed it if it was there then.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 2:59 am

Programs: NZ Koru
1. Domestic Day Trips - koru Valet, it's only about $5-15 more than the other options, but collectivity it saves me about an hour, and allot leases stress in the morning.

2. 3 weekends in Aussie - terminal, usually they have an $39 special if you get in early.

3. Longer trips - have moved to Areo Parks, e.g for 6 days it's only costing me $35. Find there service to be pretty great, and open 24/7 which is handy if you flying out on LAN
Old Oct 7, 2014, 4:41 pm

Programs: NZ*E & DL Minion. Former QF & EK
For longer trips, I have been using Drop 'N Fly for the past two years without any issues. You drop off and pick up your car right in the passenger drop-off zone, so you don't need to allow an extra 30 minutes to get from the car park to the airport. Couldn't recommend it more highly.
Old Oct 7, 2014, 9:35 pm

Originally Posted by cavemanzk
1. Domestic Day Trips - koru Valet, it's only about $5-15 more than the other options, but collectivity it saves me about an hour, and allot leases stress in the morning.
It's nearly double Air NZ Parking ($45 vs $23 online) and probably more than double the other park 'n ride options. Also, it has never saved me an hour, even both ends combined, maybe 30 mins at the worst. I love the Koru Valet, but for me it is simply too expensive to use for regular personal usage.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 2:22 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Slightly OT but does anybody know what the deal is with EP1 and parking at Auckland? I believe one of the perks is a fantastic deal on parking.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 2:25 pm

Programs: NZ*E, QR Plat
Originally Posted by pbl22
It's nearly double Air NZ Parking ($45 vs $23 online) and probably more than double the other park 'n ride options. Also, it has never saved me an hour, even both ends combined, maybe 30 mins at the worst. I love the Koru Valet, but for me it is simply too expensive to use for regular personal usage.
Koru valet is only faster if taking regional domestic in my opinion, standard domestic parking in the airports "R" lot is a much shorter walk. also generally cheaper.

International again - parking in the international "A" lot is a shorter walk than the koru parking.

Personally much prefer parking at the Airport's own lot than waiting for a shuttle!
Old Oct 9, 2014, 2:35 pm

Programs: NZ*G, United.
Originally Posted by JANZFlyer
Koru valet is only faster if taking regional domestic in my opinion, standard domestic parking in the airports "R" lot is a much shorter walk. also generally cheaper.
And S is cheaper than R and as short a walk when you are arriving back home.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 4:02 pm

R Domestic lot seems to always charge $46 for a day, but I agree it is more convenient for the jet routes. The walk to/from Koru Valet is a nuisance.

The other benefit to both R and S lots over Koruu Valet is that you then don't have to drive out through all the terminal traffic just to get onto Andrew McKee Ave.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 9:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: VA Silver, NZ Gold
So I ended up using heartland hotel's service www.airpark.co.nz. I figured at $4.50 a day I would risk it for FTs benefit. Yea the shuttle only goes every half hour but it was punctual. So I arrived 10 minutes before it would leave. Smooth check in at reception, parked the car and 20-25 minutes later I was checking in for my flight. Not too bad so far. Ill see how the return goes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.