Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

Unable to request domestic seats when mixed fare booked through an agent

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Unable to request domestic seats when mixed fare booked through an agent

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2014, 10:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: *A NZ Gold Elite for over 20 years previously SQ PPS and UA 1K
Red face Unable to request domestic seats when mixed fare booked through an agent

Since the new 4 tier fare structure any domestic booking I have used made by an agent using mixed fare types (typically seat out and flexi back) means I cant request a seat online. One of the agents said its a sofwtare bug.

Anyone else had the same experience and found any solution other than the obvious one of avoiding the hassle by booking Jetstar which I might addworks just fine
Old Sep 12, 2014, 5:05 am

Programs: QF LTG, VASG, NZ*S, OZD, IHG SpireAMB, HHD
Book the legs separately? Do it yourself - don't use an agent?
Old Sep 12, 2014, 5:43 am

Programs: QF Platinum One, NZ*S, Koru, Accor Le Club Plus Platinum, BW Diamond, Marriott GOLD
Call air new zealand contact centre and request the seats. If they try to charge you, say that you cant this online and its an error, so its not your fault and they wont charge you.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 9:46 pm

Programs: NZ *E, QF Gold, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, PanPacific Platinum
Happens to me daily. We must use an agent so I have to waste time of call centre staff.
Old Sep 13, 2014, 1:30 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Agent bookings can cause all sorts of issues for the booking system, particularly if you want to make changes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.