Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NZ Thru Check Baggage Tag Question

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2014, 9:06 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by Xiaotung
I think this is exactly what it is however there is a reason why people pay more to fly a full service airline rather than a LCC. I am sure the likes of SQ take pride in providing such an extra service which would in turn provide value to each ticket that they sell and strengthen the importance of their hubs.
I don't know if I'd call NZ an full service airline anymore, they are more of an New-Era LCC. With Seats2Suit etc, they have become more like an LCC.
Old Jul 26, 2014, 9:50 pm

Programs: NZ*G, QF NB, UA 1K, AA ExecPlat, IHG PlatAmb, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, ZE1 PC
Originally Posted by cavemanzk
NZ doesn't like to liability for an third-party involved, as if they though check your bags they have to take liability for your bags reaching the final destination in one piece. There's an reason why NZ is so profitable, its because they are tight as anything, and will avoid paying for something they don't have to.
I'm aware of NZ's claimed reasons behind this change; but it does not hold water. There are far more profitable airlines than NZ which will happily interline on separate tickets; NZ never specifically called interlining out as a significant cost in their financial statements; and it's decidedly customer-hostile to refuse to interline to themselves.

It's not what I expect from a 'premium' airline.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.