Wiki Posts
Search

BP RU to YVR in August

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2014, 2:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
BP RU to YVR in August

I'm heading to the US in August and want to use my 2nd RU to BP. I was originally wanting to fly via SFO to have one final 744 flight before SUH is turned to a Coke can but it seems an AC connecting flight that I was looking at earlier may not exist any longer which means a long wait for a connecting flight and arrival into YVR about 6 hours later which means wasting an afternoon.

Does anybody have any idea of loadings to YVR on the 77E around this time and whether they are as high as LAX/SFO services? Clearly I stand a better chance on the 744 but a direct flight is looking more appealing. I just wonder if it's like LAX flights at that time of the year which end up chokka in BP.

EF still shows 16 (J4Z4D4C4) available at this time so there are plenty of seats.

Last edited by sbiddle; Apr 13, 2014 at 2:28 am
Old Apr 13, 2014, 1:34 pm

Programs: NZ*G, QF NB, UA 1K, AA ExecPlat, IHG PlatAmb, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, ZE1 PC
Originally Posted by sbiddle
EF still shows 16 (J4Z4D4C4) available at this time so there are plenty of seats.
That doesn't mean 16 seats available. In my experience the presence of J and Z indicates an acceptable chance of an upgrade, but it is by no means guaranteed - especially with four months of bookings between now and departure.

YVR seems to have relatively heavy bookings the odd occasion I look at it - I check occasionally when SFO/LAX are sold out to see if YVR is a better option for me. The last upgrade I cleared on YVR was simply due to weather delays elsewhere in Canada which meant the oversold aircraft departed half empty since connecting passengers did not make it.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 12:33 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by sbiddle
No it doesn't. Booking class availability is not additive - for any seat remaining there is a minimum fare NZ wants, but it will happily sell at a higher fare. Also availability doesn't take into account the airline's willingness to oversell, different availability in different markets (point of sale and married segment varies availability), demand for upgrades, etc.

This shows that NZ is willing to sell at least 4 business class seats and this includes cheaper business class fares. For business class on NZ, 4 is a default upper limit displayed (other classes and other airlines commonly have 9, 7 or 4 as this default). With at least 4 available for the cheapest business booking classes, this suggests there may be in fact more than 4 business class seats available.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.