Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Livery on 777-200

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2014, 6:14 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by waterwingsNZ
Not much slack in the system to keep it close to home. I'd expect it to hit the ground running and crop up everywhere.
AKL-PER-AKL is probably the only run that they could make it work on, as this takes up about 1x 772 to run an daily service
Old Apr 14, 2014, 6:59 am
Formerly known as tireman77

From what I have read about NS2014 LAX/SFO service, NZ will operate 77W 6 days weekly and 772 4 days weekly (1 772 operating the 77W flight number on Mondays and 3 weekly 772 in addition to the 77W. It would be logical for NZ to offer a constant product to these two important routes, hence using the newly refurbished 772s on these routes. That being said, airlines have been know to make decisions on other than logic.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by tireman77
s. That being said, airlines have been know to make decisions on other than logic.
The 772 are have different Y/Y+ seats to the 77W, along with an brand new IFE system. Which could of course provide teething issues in the first month, which they might rather not have on an key route. Also i'd say they wont sell skycouch on them until they have enough 772 in service to commit them to certain routes
Old Apr 14, 2014, 2:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K, NZ*E, PC Platinum RA
Originally Posted by cavemanzk
The 772 are have different Y/Y+ seats to the 77W, along with an brand new IFE system. Which could of course provide teething issues in the first month, which they might rather not have on an key route. Also i'd say they wont sell skycouch on them until they have enough 772 in service to commit them to certain routes
One would like to think that...

Though of course AirNZ didn't seem to mind dropping the completely new 773 hard and soft product on the AKL/LAX route at the start of the school holidays (remember the 5hr+ meal services?). The execs were either so completely enamoured by their new toy that they were blind to the obvious downfalls of their planned introduction, or they were actively trying to maximise the count of annoyed staff and pax...
Old Apr 14, 2014, 3:39 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Dodgy IFE? Why would Air NZ care? They seem oblivious to the ongoing issues with the existing EFX series on the A320 and 763 which pretty much has issues on most fights requiring either full system reboots or individual seat reboots!
Old Apr 14, 2014, 5:08 pm
Formerly known as tireman77

Originally Posted by cavemanzk
I thought the refurbishments to the 772s were to bring them in line with the 77W offerings. I agree that they would need to 'break-in' the new planes on shorter routes, but if indeed it was essentially the same as the 77W, one would think there wouldn't be that much teething needed.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by tireman77
I thought the refurbishments to the 772s were to bring them in line with the 77W offerings. I agree that they would need to 'break-in' the new planes on shorter routes, but if indeed it was essentially the same as the 77W, one would think there wouldn't be that much teething needed.
Not really it will bring them more inline with the 789 product, which is target market is Asia.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 4:39 pm

Programs: NZ*E
Looks like they've started to roll out the new livery to the older A320's as well, ZK-OJO is in Wellington with the new paint job today.

I have to say, it looks really good on the winglet equipped planes.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 5:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KiwiJC
Looks like they've started to roll out the new livery to the older A320's as well, ZK-OJO is in Wellington with the new paint job today.

Did it have the full new livery with the fern or just a black tail fin with the logo?
Old Apr 16, 2014, 6:26 pm
Original Poster

OKA out of the hangar early June so I'm afraid you'll be at a 1/8 chance of a refitted bird. Second aircraft for the refit doesn't actually enter the hangar till July (one of the other machines is out of the air first for a heavy check but not an upgrade).
How do you know OKA will have its refit completed in early June? It was taken of service in late March, 3 months would seem like a long time for the refit to be completed on one aircraft. Is it having maintenance done as well?
Old Apr 16, 2014, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by WellingtonFlyer
How do you know OKA will have its refit completed in early June? It was taken of service in late March, 3 months would seem like a long time for the refit to be completed on one aircraft. Is it having maintenance done as well?
The first refit is taking the longest because as well as the new fit out, everything has to be signed off and certified. That is probably more paper work and time than many would realise. Once the STC (supplemental type certificate) is signed off and the engineers have more experience with this refit, expect to see the time drop to six weeks or so per machine. I know because the company tells me.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 3:32 am

Originally Posted by WellingtonFlyer
Did it have the full new livery with the fern or just a black tail fin with the logo?
It was the full new livery - including the fern - I was surprised as at first glance I assumed it would be one of the new ZK-OX ones, until I saw that it didn't have the sharklets...

Apologies for the rubbish image - I didn't have a proper camera on me:

http://i.imgur.com/7rzQHtg.jpg

I'll avoid embedding it as it's a bit big
Old Apr 18, 2014, 4:29 am

Originally Posted by KiwiJC

I think you've actually seen and captured OJQ. OJO hasn't been to Wellington since the 3rd of this month.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 2:12 pm

I think you've actually seen and captured OJQ. OJO hasn't been to Wellington since the 3rd of this month.
Ah thanks, I had picked up yesterday that OJO was on an international flight at that time so couldn't have been in Wellington, my eyes mustn't have been good enough to spot that it was a 'Q' lol

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.