Wiki Posts
Search

New Comments mPass

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2014, 9:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ *G, Qantas Gold
New Comments mPass

Just about to take off to WLG and noticed in the "comments" on the mPass saying "FQTV NZ100" - from memory it has never said 100 before? Or is my memory playing tricks on me?
Old Apr 3, 2014, 10:09 pm

Programs: Air New Zealand Airpoints - Gold Elite, Velocity - Platinum, Qantas - Gold
That's interesting. I also noticed today that my boarding pass has ELT under the Airpoints field. My wife who is a GE Partner has ELP on hers.
Old Apr 3, 2014, 10:47 pm

Originally Posted by smeags_nz
That's interesting. I also noticed today that my boarding pass has ELT under the Airpoints field. My wife who is a GE Partner has ELP on hers.
I have also noticed ELT on mine but never "NZ100" even when I travelled this afternoon
Old Apr 3, 2014, 11:21 pm

Programs: NZ*S plus various hotel programs
Nothing remarkable about mine yesterday for a WLG/AKL flight.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 2:22 am

Programs: NZ*E, QF Gold
Just checked and had FQTV NZ 109 on my mpass boarding pass today but just the usual on the printed gate pass
Old Apr 4, 2014, 12:23 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by temete23
Just checked and had FQTV NZ 109 on my mpass boarding pass today but just the usual on the printed gate pass
109 flights in the past 12months on NZ?
Old Apr 4, 2014, 1:10 pm

Programs: NZ *E, QF Gold, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, PanPacific Platinum
109 status credits for flight?....could be the bonus we are all wondering about :-)
Old Apr 4, 2014, 1:47 pm

Programs: NZ*E, QF Gold
Originally Posted by Markhm
109 status credits for flight?....could be the bonus we are all wondering about :-)
Haha now that would be a nice bonus for a 40min WLG-NPL hop
Old Apr 5, 2014, 10:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ *G, Qantas Gold
Today's flight I have NZ FQTV 048 - this one is a green light fare and the other one (FQTV NZ 100) was a smart saver. Could this be the multiplier for the magical base number to calculate status point earn?
Old Apr 6, 2014, 4:02 am

Programs: NZ*S & Koru, QF, VA, Accor, Marriot
Noticed tonight that the number in mPass is the same number as the sequence number (at least I think that is what it is called), that is displayed to the left of the "ETKT" note, and above the barcode, on a standard paper boarding pass. I would hazard a guess that this is what it is, and has nothing to do with Airpoints earning.
Old Apr 6, 2014, 1:34 pm

Programs: NZ*S plus various hotel programs
What is confusing is that it is not consistant. Just got a boarding pass (AKL-WLG) and it doesn't have it.

Does anyone know what the "sequence number" is for?
Old Apr 6, 2014, 1:40 pm

Programs: NZ*G, QF NB, UA 1K, AA ExecPlat, IHG PlatAmb, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, ZE1 PC
Originally Posted by samnz
Noticed tonight that the number in mPass is the same number as the sequence number (at least I think that is what it is called), that is displayed to the left of the "ETKT" note, and above the barcode, on a standard paper boarding pass. I would hazard a guess that this is what it is, and has nothing to do with Airpoints earning.
That seems the most likely to me.
Old Apr 6, 2014, 1:46 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by Trumpkin

Does anyone know what the "sequence number" is for?
Its basically the order that you checked-in for the flight, e.g. if you where 002 you're the second person to have checked-in.

It basically works as an bar code number, when they scan you boarding pass at the gate. They can also board you manual by just putting '002' into the system if the pass wont scan.
Old Apr 7, 2014, 9:19 pm

Programs: NZ Elite Partner/Silver (in own right), PR Classic, QF Bronze, UA Member, VA Red
Originally Posted by cavemanzk
Its basically the order that you checked-in for the flight, e.g. if you where 002 you're the second person to have checked-in.

It basically works as an bar code number, when they scan you boarding pass at the gate. They can also board you manual by just putting '002' into the system if the pass wont scan.
not sure that is correct. My surname starts with A, I am usually 001 in sequence, I cant always be the first person to check in? (when my partner checks in with me, he is never next in sequence)
Old Apr 8, 2014, 2:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Sequence number is has been based on check-in order for as long as I can remember - on any airline.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.