Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New seats for Boeing 777 -200.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2014, 6:50 pm

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
Originally Posted by jglenn16
Anyone know the status of the first 777-200 retrofit? Does it look to be on track to go back in service 18th Aug?
http://www.ausbt.com.au/air-new-zeal...n=home-flipper

Check out the above story. Just came out this morning.
Old Aug 11, 2014, 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by Xiaotung
http://www.ausbt.com.au/air-new-zeal...n=home-flipper

Check out the above story. Just came out this morning.
Thanks Xiaotung -- was looking forward to flying on a retrofit 777-200 in December, but doesn't look like it's happening anymore
Old Aug 11, 2014, 10:55 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
The refitted 77Es form the basis of the SIA agreement - so it's important for Air NZ to at least have two aircraft done for this route.
Old Aug 12, 2014, 1:47 am

Originally Posted by sbiddle
The refitted 77Es form the basis of the SIA agreement - so it's important for Air NZ to at least have two aircraft done for this route.
Does it?
Old Aug 12, 2014, 2:20 am

Programs: NZ Elite, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by everywhere
Does it?
I recall in a press release that NZ have confirmed the refitted 772s will be on SIN.
Old Aug 12, 2014, 2:35 am

It is part of the alliance agreement. NZ will operate newly refitted 772's and SQ will introduce A380 on the SIN-AKL-SIN route, so NZ will have to insure they have a few complete so that the flights they operate on the route are always 772 refits.

I assume they will release more info about the refit i.e seat maps, routes and schedules along with, or at the same time as releasing info about the SQ alliance schedules and info. This may not be the case however.

I believe the first refit ZK-OKA is due to go back into service some time in the next week or two, if it hasn't been further delayed. So more info should be released to the public by NZ shortly.

Below was in a recent article by Australian Business Traveler

"“For the first one we plan on about nine weeks, because it’s the first to be done and there are a lot of initial certification processes to go through,” Reeves says."

Sounds like NZ is having to slightly cover up there tracks after the delay because the first aircraft has actually been out of service for nearly 20 weeks, due to a D check being completed at the same time as the refit.
Old Aug 12, 2014, 11:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC, Emirates Skywards, Etihad Guest & HiltonHHonors.
Originally Posted by WellingtonFlyer
It is part of the alliance agreement. NZ will operate newly refitted 772's and SQ will introduce A380 on the SIN-AKL-SIN route, so NZ will have to insure they have a few complete so that the flights they operate on the route are always 772 refits.

I assume they will release more info about the refit i.e seat maps, routes and schedules along with, or at the same time as releasing info about the SQ alliance schedules and info. This may not be the case however.

I believe the first refit ZK-OKA is due to go back into service some time in the next week or two, if it hasn't been further delayed. So more info should be released to the public by NZ shortly.

Below was in a recent article by Australian Business Traveler

"“For the first one we plan on about nine weeks, because it’s the first to be done and there are a lot of initial certification processes to go through,” Reeves says."

Sounds like NZ is having to slightly cover up there tracks after the delay because the first aircraft has actually been out of service for nearly 20 weeks, due to a D check being completed at the same time as the refit.
Mmmm. A case of wait 'n' see what happens.
Here's hoping for a refitted tin bird early December.....from AKL to HKG, or am I expecting too much?

Cypress
Old Aug 12, 2014, 2:21 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Unlikely, but possible. It's only a step up if you're flying BP or PE. It's a step backwards if you're flying down the back.
Old Aug 12, 2014, 3:27 pm

Programs: NZ*E, UA*1K, QF Plat
Even BP is a freshen up. Not a major change.
Same seat layout.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 4:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC, Emirates Skywards, Etihad Guest & HiltonHHonors.
Originally Posted by sbiddle
Unlikely, but possible. It's only a step up if you're flying BP or PE. It's a step backwards if you're flying down the back.
It will be BP for me. The aisle access and window seat are a bonus. No more clambering over a sleeping person, which Biz class pax - with some other carriers - have to contend with. (I speak from experience! )
Old Aug 13, 2014, 5:50 pm

Programs: NZ*E
Originally Posted by LyingFlat
I recall in a press release that NZ have confirmed the refitted 772s will be on SIN.
interesting.. is it to do with the number of seats it provides? otherwise, it does not really matter for me. SQ does not have a sky coach product and NZ does not have 'suites' and prem-econ as they do in their A380 (which will be what they will use from December)
Old Aug 13, 2014, 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by mmonster
interesting.. is it to do with the number of seats it provides?
I think it's more to do with consistency of product. Makes it much easier being able to market one product for one route.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 9:32 pm

Duplicate.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 1:13 am

ZK-OKA the first 777-200 to be refitted has been completed and positioned as NZ6080 from Auckland to Ohakea Airbase today as a testing flight. The aircraft is scheduled to enter service again next week.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 8:33 pm

Programs: NZ*E
Originally Posted by LyingFlat
I think it's more to do with consistency of product. Makes it much easier being able to market one product for one route.
maybe true but as I commented in my previous post, this is not going to happen with SQ/NZ tie up, unlike CX/NZ where they both have a three class offering with J/Y+/Y

SQ has First Class and does not have Y+

so it will never match when SQ puts on an A380? I must say it will be consistent for people flying SQ from AKL to Europe with them operating the same plane on to Europe. Via NZ? good luck, they are not even consistent for J for that matter, just look at how spacious SQ's J seat is

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.