Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2013, 11:39 pm
Ambassador: Air New Zealand
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Elite, EK Gold, Qatar Gold, Amex Plat, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
Shaping the Future of Loyalty

Email just received from Christopher Luxon, CEO of Air New Zealand:

Hello WLG Base,

By way of introduction I'm Christopher Luxon, CEO of Air New Zealand. I've been in the role for a few months and would now really like to get your views on Air New Zealand's Airpoints™ programme.

We launched the current Airpoints programme back in 2005 and it has been a number of years since it was fully reviewed. Therefore, I am asking all Gold Elite (including Gold Elite partners) and Gold members for feedback about what works well and not so well so we can create a loyalty programme for the future that best meets both your needs and ours. I would appreciate it if you could complete this survey, which should take you approximately 20 minutes depending on how much you would like to contribute.

This Airpoints review is part of our new Go Beyond plan aimed at ensuring we raise our performance over the next five years. Our customers are at the core of this plan and as someone who will be well aware of the ongoing changes to the airline and loyalty programme I would like to seek your assistance in understanding how we can shape this key part of our business.

It will take the greater part of this year for the Airpoints team to complete the programme review and for any changes to be announced. Our Head of Customer Loyalty, Mark Street, is leading the review and his email address should you need to make contact is [email protected]

>> take the survey now

The survey will be available for completion until Thursday 25th April.

Kind regards

Christopher Luxon
Old Apr 17, 2013, 12:27 am

Programs: NZ*G, MAR Titanium, HLT Diamond
Former CEO Rob Fyfe in a number of occassions had said Airpoints was working very well for NZ despite tons of complaints here and elsewhere. I praise Christopher for this move and look forward to bringing my loyalty back.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 12:54 am

Programs: QF Platinum / LTS, Air NZ Gold Elite, Velocity Silver, OW Emerald, Hertz PC
Just received the email. Had a few minutes to kill sitting here in the QF first lounge enjoying the service, so thought I'd do the survey.

I hope they take heed of what a lot of people have been saying.

Note with interest that the survey had a couple of references to GE Gifts at 2500 and 5000 points. I knew about the 2500 level as ive gained that several times, but have never seen anything about the 5000 level.

Last edited by Rotodavid123; Apr 17, 2013 at 5:52 am
Old Apr 17, 2013, 1:00 am

Programs: NZ Silver
If someone is planning on emailing Mr Street they should link some of the threads here...I'd have thought that kind of info and insight would be invaluable in such a review
Old Apr 17, 2013, 1:01 am

Maybe they would get a better idea of what people want if they asked all those ex G and GE why they are no longer that status and what may bring them back. Way he doing does not IMHO tell him why people left rather why people stayed. If you still in then something works for you, if you gone then find out why don't just ignore.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 1:10 am

Programs: NZ GE, QF
Good on them for doing it, as long as they listen to what the GE's and G's say. Took a lot longer than 20 min to fill it in.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 1:33 am

Programs: Airpoints, HHONORS GOLD VIP, Aclub Gold
just got it.

will take a wee bit of time to think my answers through first I think.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 1:45 am

Programs: NZ *E
Got mine and just finished it

Good on AirNZ for doing this, shows they are listening
Old Apr 17, 2013, 2:21 am

Programs: NZ *E, QF Gold, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, PanPacific Platinum
I am 80% through and it crashed! Took me an hour too.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 2:46 am

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD
It took me half an hour to complete, I commented heavily in areas. Hope they take it on board.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
I'm surprised that even as an Oz resident, I received the email.

I will address the survey in the next day or four, but it strikes me there must have been a significant drop off on HVC patronage.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 5:41 am

Must say I enjoyed that. Always good to have another avenue to slate the extreme incompetence of named persons at Air New Zealand Limited.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 5:43 am

Originally Posted by serfty
I will address the survey in the next day or four, but it strikes me there must have been a significant drop off on HVC patronage.
I expect only on international flights.

Anyone else chuckle at the Pacific Blue reference? Also NB: Air Canada Altitude is the elite program of Aeroplan.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 6:05 am

Programs: NZ*G, MAR Titanium, HLT Diamond
Originally Posted by everywhere
I expect only on international flights.

Anyone else chuckle at the Pacific Blue reference? Also NB: Air Canada Altitude is the elite program of Aeroplan.
Sure. It had always been Virgin Blue on Airpoints statement when Virgin Australia was using DJ code and now it's showing as V Australia for all VA code flights. You would expect that they should at least get their closest partner's name right.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 6:20 am

Programs: QF LTG, VASG, NZ*S, OZD, IHG SpireAMB, HHD
Originally Posted by Markhm
I am 80% through and it crashed! Took me an hour too.
I had to stop doing the survey for a while because an earthquake was happening! (in Japan).

I am very pleased they are doing this. I gave very full answers, including setting out my proposal for a revamped Airpoints.

Let's see how Air NZ take on this feedback.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.