Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

difference in pricing on different website

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2013, 5:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: Airnz Elite

Its odd the way the Airnz price their flights

Same identical one way sector
Nz site nz$331
Aust site a$149

Bne to AKL
Old Mar 17, 2013, 5:43 am

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
It's absolutely normal. Why would they have a sale ex AU on the NZ site? If ex AU, book on the AU site. You would find the same vice versa when they have a sale ex NZ.
Old Mar 17, 2013, 5:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: Airnz Elite
different pricing

Originally Posted by Xiaotung
It's absolutely normal. Why would they have a sale ex AU on the NZ site? If ex AU, book on the AU site. You would find the same vice versa when they have a sale ex NZ.
I generally prefer booking on the nz website as I can use my nz Airnz travel card

Booking on the Australian site involves poli and that takes a lot of extra time

The plus of booking on the Australian site is the Myers points
Old Mar 17, 2013, 4:37 pm

Programs: QF Gold
It's completely normal for a company that deals with multiple markets.

You can make it work to your advantage.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 3:08 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG, Flying Blue Gold, BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Hello everyone! It's my first time posting in this forum (and it will be my first time visiting NZ this december!) and I just wanted to see if anyone had updates to this thread - I booked a one way fare from AKL to WLG on the NZ version of the Air New Zealand website for 99NZD (~91 CAD). The same flight on the Canadian version of the Air New Zealand website is going for $190 CAD. I just want to make sure that there are no restrictions on who can book on which website? Seems crazy that the Canadian website flight price is more than double! I just don't want there to be any surprises when I get to the airport.

Thank you in advance!

Cheers,

Lily
Old Aug 29, 2014, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by lily23
Hello everyone! It's my first time posting in this forum (and it will be my first time visiting NZ this december!) and I just wanted to see if anyone had updates to this thread - I booked a one way fare from AKL to WLG on the NZ version of the Air New Zealand website for 99NZD (~91 CAD). The same flight on the Canadian version of the Air New Zealand website is going for $190 CAD. I just want to make sure that there are no restrictions on who can book on which website? Seems crazy that the Canadian website flight price is more than double! I just don't want there to be any surprises when I get to the airport.

Thank you in advance!

Cheers,

Lily
It is strange, however usually the NZ site will show the cheapest domestic fares over any other website, sometimes even other online New Zealand travel agents.

There are no restrictions on booking on different websites, I believe anyone from anywhere can book flights on the NZ website in NZD. The only problem I can think of would be a non-nz credit card not working on the site, but if your booking is confirmed then you don't need to worry about anything else!

Also,when checking-in at AKL you will notice things are very laid back. You will be able to self check-in and print your bag tag and boarding pass yourself and surprisingly it is VERY rare for anyone to even check your ID.

Enjoy your trip in Aotearoa!
Old Aug 29, 2014, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by lily23

Thank you in advance!

Cheers,

Lily
I haven't looked, but the Canadian fare class sold for $190 may be more flexible fare than the cheaper fare available on the NZ website - which may have limitations such as being a 'seat only' fare (no luggage). Sale fares are another story, and Air NZ will hold 'sales' in NZ and on overseas websites.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 6:07 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG, Flying Blue Gold, BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Thank you everyone for the quick responses! Counting down the days until my trip! =)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.