Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

2013 FlyerTalk Awards: Air New Zealand Airpoints benefits nominations

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: What is the best benefit of Air New Zealand Airpoints? PLEASE READ POST BEFORE VOTING
Bonus Points
0%
Complimentary Upgrades
20.69%
Lounge Access
41.38%
Fee Waiver
0%
355 day advance confirmation of standby upgrades
10.34%
Redeem AirPoints for any available seat (no award fare buckets)
24.14%
I nominate a different benefit – see my post below (POST YOUR SUGGESTION BELOW)
3.45%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2012, 1:08 pm
Retired admin. Please direct issues to IBobi.
Original Poster

This poll will determine which benefit for this rewards program will appear on the January ballot for the 2013 FlyerTalk Awards.

Please note that once you have cast a poll vote, it cannot be changed.

You may vote in any or all of the nominations polls across FlyerTalk. Simply navigate to your favorite program’s forum and cast your vote. Links to all polls can be found here!

This poll will close December 11, 2012.

Official FlyerTalk Awards balloting begins January 15, 2013.

The FlyerTalk Awards are sponsored by:

Old Dec 1, 2012, 3:05 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
The best benefit of NZ Airpoints is the program has been screwed down so much that I no longer fly Air NZ when I can avoid it, and therefore no longer have to worry about deficiencies in their hard product.

E.g. 10 across seating on 773, or premium economy seating on 772 that is barely better than standard economy but at an enormous extra fare, or switcheroo of 767 replacing 777 on longhaul asian flights, or ...
Old Dec 1, 2012, 3:13 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
PS the poll options given are a joke and obviously created by someone not familiar with Airpoints.

There are no bonus points for flying (only bonuses are for shopping).

Complimentary upgrades are harder to use than ever since paid upgrades through oneup were introduced.

Lounge access is mostly okay but not available for some late night flights. The lounges themselves have gone downhill with catering cutbacks, and overcrowding.

Fee waiver is spotty at best. Usually service fees apply even where there are shortcomings in the Air NZ website.

Standby upgrades have reduced availability since paid upgrades introduced.

Any seat redemption on NZ metal has reduced value now with all the extra fees being charged (and with significantly reduced earning from flying it takes more to earn the points in the first place).
Old Dec 1, 2012, 3:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Seriously, all the previously existing published status benefits of Airpoints have been reduced substantially and/or eliminated.

IMHO There is no specific benefit to nominate Air New Zealand for, in any way, shape or form.

Last edited by serfty; Dec 3, 2012 at 5:28 pm
Old Dec 3, 2012, 12:11 am

Programs: NZ*Gold Elite
Got my replacement card today for another year of GE commencing. Has a nice line in there: "Don't forget to make the most of the valet parking, car rental, and hotel upgrade vouchers.."
Still can't use the valet parking ones since I'm in Wellington.. Shame they can't hook those in to the Air NZ parking facility.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 7:37 am

Programs: Airnz Elite
valet parking

Originally Posted by dex_
Got my replacement card today for another year of GE commencing. Has a nice line in there: "Don't forget to make the most of the valet parking, car rental, and hotel upgrade vouchers.."
Still can't use the valet parking ones since I'm in Wellington.. Shame they can't hook those in to the Air NZ parking facility.
Does any know if you can transfer the parking cards to someone who is not GE or to a GE in Auckland who already has their 5 vouchers ? Ie do they keep count
Old Dec 3, 2012, 10:18 am

Programs: NZ*E, UA*1K, QF Plat
Here in Wellington I have been told by AirNZ to give them to anyone in Auckland who can use them.
The person does not need to be a GE.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.