Wiki Posts
Search

767-300

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2012, 1:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FB Plat Lifetimer / Air NZ Airpoints
767-300

When Air New Zealand operate a 767-300 from Shanghai to Auckland what are the business class seat like? Same as a 777-200?
Old Aug 31, 2012, 2:02 pm

Programs: NZ*S plus various hotel programs
767-300
http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Air...ng_767-300.php
pitch width seating details
Business Class: 50.0" 18.0" 24 recliner seats

777-200
http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Air...ng_777-200.php
pitch width seating details
Business Premier Class: 79.5" 22.0" 26 Flat bed seats
Old Aug 31, 2012, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
767-300
When Air New Zealand operate a 767-300 from Shanghai to Auckland what are the business class seat like? Same as a 777-200?
No, it is an older style 'arm chair' seat and not lie flat like the Business Premier seat in the 772 and 773.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrPkTNqPHXg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lKxk9ma154
http://boardingarea.com/blogs/onemil...012/02/365.jpg
http://www.flickr.com/photos/traveli...travelingotter

Cheers, TK
Old Sep 1, 2012, 1:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Plat Lifetimer / Air NZ Airpoints
Thank you, folks!! That's what I wanted to know...now I can avoid those aircraft when booking my journey! Really appreciate the help!
Old Sep 1, 2012, 2:19 am
DCF

Programs: Etihad Guest
It's simply a reflection of the market.

The Auckland-Shanghai flight usually has at least 90% of its passengers are people who are ethnically Chinese.

Around 25% are people residing in New Zealand, either as students or permanent residents, and almost all of these fly to China in Economy Class.

The other 75% are almost all Chinese citizens in package tour groups, flying on deeply discounted Economy tickets.

Air New Zealand has tried everything to sell the 26 flat-bed Business Class seats and 36 Premium Economy seats, and nothing works - even with fare levels 50% lower than on sectors to Hawaii and North America.

So they have finally given in to reality, and put their low-yield configured 767s on the route.

It's just the nature of any long-haul route which is 75% inbound package tourists, 25% VFR and 0% high-yield travel.
Old Sep 1, 2012, 5:23 pm

Programs: UA Gold, *A Gold - Qantas Club/Silver - Virgin Atlantic Silver
So glad it was the 777 a few years back on my J AKL-PVG flight! I love BP, such an awesome cabin and overall experience! Cannot wait until 3 weeks pass as I am flying AKL-RAR in J on the 777!

Cheers,

AG. :-:

Last edited by Airgroovin; Sep 2, 2012 at 3:57 am
Old Sep 2, 2012, 3:51 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, LH SEN, TB Emerald
Originally Posted by DCF
Air New Zealand has tried everything to sell the 26 flat-bed Business Class seats and 36 Premium Economy seats, and nothing works - even with fare levels 50% lower than on sectors to Hawaii and North America.

So they have finally given in to reality, and put their low-yield configured 767s on the route.

It's just the nature of any long-haul route which is 75% inbound package tourists, 25% VFR and 0% high-yield travel.
Interesting, but why they put the AKL NRT route also on 763 ?
Old Sep 2, 2012, 8:43 pm
DCF

Programs: Etihad Guest
Originally Posted by maxbluebrosche
Interesting, but why they put the AKL NRT route also on 763 ?
Because a very similar thing is happening on that route.

NZ-Japan has always been primarily an inbound discount economy package tourist market, but with much less outbound VFR and student travel than the China routes. The number of NZ residents travelling to Japan is miniscule, but the government (main shareholder in Air NZ) needs the Japan and China flights to continue to bring in tourists.

Consequently the 777 with lie-flat beds is being used on routes where there is actual demand for lie-flat beds. That means North America and Perth, where Kiwi miners typically earn around $150-300,000 per year, and hence have high levels of disposable income.
Old Sep 3, 2012, 9:53 pm

Programs: UA Gold, *A Gold - Qantas Club/Silver - Virgin Atlantic Silver
Is the 767-300 comfortable in C? Actual seat, pitch, recline, TV?

We are flying SYD-RAR-SYD...

Cheers. AG. :-:
Old Sep 3, 2012, 11:05 pm

Programs: NZ G, QF Bronze
Originally Posted by Airgroovin'

Cheers. AG. :-:
Have only done SYD/AKL.

It was comfortable - 50" pitch from memory. Great service and food.

Seats look a little "tired" and it was not great having to stow video screens during takeoff and landing. Actually, that was the worst thing for me, normally being able to watch from boarding to exit in cattle.

From what I have read, BP in a 777 it ain't.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 3:59 am

Programs: NZ Gold, BA Gold, QF Silver, IHG Platinum Elite Ambassador, Accor Diamond
Originally Posted by Airgroovin'

It will be fine for that route.

Pitch is indeed 50", recline is 60 degrees, seat width 18". My first ever long haul business class was on Air NZ in this aircraft CHC-SIN back in 1996, and it was good for that long daylight sector, although less than ideal overnight. You'll have a personal 10.6" touchscreen IFE TV at every seat with AVOD. You should have a decent food and drinks service as well.

It's not Business Premier, but it's better than premium economy.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 4:20 am

Programs: NZ*E, UA*1K, QF Plat
And waayyyy better than anything that they call first class in North America..
Old Sep 4, 2012, 6:39 am

Programs: m&m
772 or 767

Hi,

this discussion popped up on different threads. Just one question: I am booked PVG-AKL in C on Nov 17th and my itinerary still shows the 772. Is this reliable or could there be an equipment change towards 767?
Another confusing thing is, that I am not able to access the seatmap for that flight while a reservation for my NZ-flight AKL-SYD is possible.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 7:24 am

Programs: NZ Gold, BA Gold, QF Silver, IHG Platinum Elite Ambassador, Accor Diamond
Originally Posted by uncleflori
Hi,

this discussion popped up on different threads. Just one question: I am booked PVG-AKL in C on Nov 17th and my itinerary still shows the 772. Is this reliable or could there be an equipment change towards 767?
According to Expertflyer, it is indeed a 772 on that day. There is always a risk on most airlines of equipment substitution, but for now I'd expect it will remain a 772.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 8:00 am

Programs: m&m
Originally Posted by libertyuk
According to Expertflyer, it is indeed a 772 on that day. There is always a risk on most airlines of equipment substitution, but for now I'd expect it will remain a 772.
Thanks, I keep my fingers crossed ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.