Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

Intl WLG lounge access 3.5. early morning

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Intl WLG lounge access 3.5. early morning

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2012, 9:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Air NZ, Velocity, Miles&More, Skywards, ...
Question Intl WLG lounge access 3.5. early morning

Hi all,
me and my husband will be travelling on 3.5., departing Wellington at 6:40am. As I'm expecting, I would like to use the lounge but don't have any passes left. Is anyone there around 5:00 to 5:15am who would be willing to admit us as guests? (or at least one of us?) Thank you very much in advance!
Old Apr 11, 2012, 10:10 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Originally Posted by pbear
Hi all,
me and my husband will be travelling on 3.5., departing Wellington at 6:40am. As I'm expecting, I would like to use the lounge but don't have any passes left. Is anyone there around 5:00 to 5:15am who would be willing to admit us as guests? (or at least one of us?) Thank you very much in advance!
Hi and congratulatiosn pbear.
Would you or your husband consider upgrading to Works Delux for the flight that will guarantee the spare seat and Koru Lounge access?
Old Apr 13, 2012, 4:11 am

Programs: QF Gold, UA*G, AZ Freccia Alata - SkyTeam Elite Plus
You can also buy entry into the lounge for $45 per person
Old Apr 13, 2012, 4:41 am

Programs: NZ - Elite, QF - Gold, Flying Blue - Petroleum Club, SIA - Solitaire PPS, EY- Gold Elite, EK- Gold
......I would like to use the lounge.........
https://registration.airnewzealand.c...ww.airnz.co.nz

That NZ sense of entitlement gets stronger everyday!
Old Apr 13, 2012, 4:39 pm

Programs: VA Gold, Aegean *G, QF, SQ...etc
Mattyroo, I can see why they would prefer not to join Koru: babies are expensive and also (more pertinently) tend to put a crimp in one's travelling. Koru might not be such a wise investment! Asking if anyone else is travelling, on the other hand, for a single trip nets them useful advice (like lounge access can be had for $45), and might have gotten them in for nothing. If I were travelling there and then I would have guested them in.

Pbear congrats, and I hope you have a great time on your holiday!
Old Apr 15, 2012, 9:27 pm
Original Poster

Hi there. Thanks a lot to all the well-meaning guys!

Mattyroo - thanks for the TROLLING

Placebogirl - you are absolutely right: I don't think I will do a lot of travel for the next year! This is the last trip before a new life .

Thank you Lindsay - didn't know I could get in as a pay per day. Seems the way to go - unless someone friendly happens to fly at the time and wants to help out.

As for the Works Deluxe, I would have gone that way if I had not read in the small print (luckily before booking) that for "indirect" routes i.e. routes with stops in between you can only use the lounge at the airport where your start your journey which makes it rather worthless. Especially since the other airport does not even have a lounge .

For lounges outside NZ I have a credit card that gives me access, unfortunately that does not work in NZ. And Koruclub lounge access is very limited for the routes I fly.

I just thought, asking wouldn't hurt and maybe someone might help .

Thanks again for the friendly posts !
Old Apr 15, 2012, 10:55 pm

Programs: Airpoints, HHONORS GOLD VIP, Aclub Gold
Hi there. Thanks a lot to all the well-meaning guys!

Mattyroo - thanks for the TROLLING

Placebogirl - you are absolutely right: I don't think I will do a lot of travel for the next year! This is the last trip before a new life .

Thank you Lindsay - didn't know I could get in as a pay per day. Seems the way to go - unless someone friendly happens to fly at the time and wants to help out.

As for the Works Deluxe, I would have gone that way if I had not read in the small print (luckily before booking) that for "indirect" routes i.e. routes with stops in between you can only use the lounge at the airport where your start your journey which makes it rather worthless. Especially since the other airport does not even have a lounge .

For lounges outside NZ I have a credit card that gives me access, unfortunately that does not work in NZ. And Koruclub lounge access is very limited for the routes I fly.

I just thought, asking wouldn't hurt and maybe someone might help .

Thanks again for the friendly posts !
Congrats on your upcomming new arrivial..

What you say about WD lounge access is not true. You can use lounge at each stage of the trip as long as booked on one PNR. INFACT access to the domestuc sectos requires you to show lounge dragon your international boarding pass as the domestic one does not have allow access when scanned at lounge entrance. Your international boarding pass will show LGN under the comments box for "lounge" and will scan at lounge door.
Old Apr 16, 2012, 5:13 pm
Original Poster

"If travelling via an indirect route lounge access is not available in the transit airport. eg Auckland --> Brisbane --> Cairns, lounge access is available in Auckland only, not Brisbane." This is from the AIRNZ website and was confirmed by customer service. So to just pay the $45 for the lounge access is a much better deal as I don't require extra luggage and don't mind a seat neighbor as long as it is not a huge person who should buy two seats . For me the product does not make sense because of the indirect route restriction.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 12:55 am

Programs: Airpoints, HHONORS GOLD VIP, Aclub Gold
"If travelling via an indirect route lounge access is not available in the transit airport. eg Auckland --> Brisbane --> Cairns, lounge access is available in Auckland only, not Brisbane." This is from the AIRNZ website and was confirmed by customer service. So to just pay the $45 for the lounge access is a much better deal as I don't require extra luggage and don't mind a seat neighbor as long as it is not a huge person who should buy two seats . For me the product does not make sense because of the indirect route restriction.
Yes this is correct as your following flights are on another carrier. I assumed you meant a thru ticket with air nz domestic legs ie zqn-akl-mel

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.