Wiki Posts
Search

Standby Fares Status Priority?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2012, 2:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: VA Silver, NZ Gold
Standby Fares Status Priority?

Hi. Could anyone tell me if standby fares are just filled by first come first served or is there any consideration taken to your status?

What's the earliest you can buy a stand by fare? For example, can you show up at the airport at 7AM... or does the counter only open 1 hour before 10AM/eligible flights.

Cheers.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 2:45 am

Programs: Airpoints, Qantas, KrisFlyer, Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by johnnyfive
Hi. Could anyone tell me if standby fares are just filled by first come first served or is there any consideration taken to your status?

What's the earliest you can buy a stand by fare? For example, can you show up at the airport at 7AM... or does the counter only open 1 hour before 10AM/eligible flights.

Cheers.
FIFO.
Clause 4 ii
"...Neither Star Alliance nor Airpoints membership tier status will influence the order of loading of priority between customers for Standby Fares. "

I'm probably going to use standby next week from Nelson as the load factors are low but the fares high. We need to relocate the SUV for Easter and Mrs Paintini unreasonably won't consider taking the ferry and so I made some inquiries with the premium team. I was advised that apart from AKL, WLG or CHC which have dedicated desks, you ring the 0800 number from 0900 onwards to book your [1000-1530 window] standby flight. So, there might be some benefit in accessing the premium section of the call centre.

I've used Standby once in CHC and it was done there and then with no wait. I even managed a browse-by of the Koru buffet.
Old Mar 31, 2012, 1:00 am

I'm hoping to make use of these standby fares a few times when I visit NZ again soon

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.