Wiki Posts
Search

Can NZ*G use SQ lounges?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2011, 9:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ*E
Originally Posted by oranjemakker
related to "lounge hopping" which I do confess I sometimes do out of interest when I have some time to kill in an airport with more than one Star lounge, does anyone know what happens between the airlines when a pax from a different Star carrier uses their lounge. Is there any kind of payment made between the airlines to compensate?
I do the same orangemakker... that is why I put this thread up in the first place. I just want to have a look, and before one looks at it, you don't really know the SYD or MEL SQ lounge is actually quite boring...... as some suggested...

I flown on CX and use the QF lounge @ AKL last December. I was asking if I have the lounge invite as a souvenir, and the gate keeper said (with a smile).. No.. because this is an "asset" to them.. and he further explained that this is how the claim $ back from CX....

don't know if he was kidding, but I understand there could be reciplocial arrangements
Old Nov 9, 2011, 9:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K, MR Titanium, IHG Gold, National Exec
Originally Posted by mmonster
I flown on CX and use the QF lounge @ AKL last December. I was asking if I have the lounge invite as a souvenir, and the gate keeper said (with a smile).. No.. because this is an "asset" to them.. and he further explained that this is how the claim $ back from CX....
This is true, the lounge operator will bill either the airline you're flying (if you're flying C) or the airline you have status on (if using *G access) for your lounge access. That's why at many airports with multiple *A lounges the airline will "direct" you into a specific lounge either operated by that airline or charges the airline less money.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 4:06 pm

Programs: NZ GOLD (*G), KLM FB S, QF S,
Anyone able to confirm which lounges at Changi that *G can use when travelling on SQ in Y?
Old Oct 29, 2014, 4:38 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by brucelee
Anyone able to confirm which lounges at Changi that *G can use when travelling on SQ in Y?
Kris Flyer gold lounge in Terminal 3 or SATS lounge in Terminal 2.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 4:41 pm

Programs: NZ GOLD (*G), KLM FB S, QF S,
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Thanks Kiwiflyer. Heading to Dhaka via Singapore mid November so just doing some groundwork.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 4:44 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Originally Posted by brucelee
Thanks Kiwiflyer. Heading to Dhaka via Singapore mid November so just doing some groundwork.
Dhaka flights most likely depart from Terminal 2 (flights to New Zealand depart from Terminal 3 but sometimes flights from New Zealand arrive in Terminal 2).
Old Oct 29, 2014, 5:14 pm

Programs: NZ Elite (*G), QF S (OWR), UA 0.14MM
Just want to say that, as a *G member I would assume only *G lounges are available for use.

Air NZ arranged for their elite members (Elite/Gold/Koru/Elite Partner) to also have access to the SATS contract lounge at Terminal 3, but seeing as Mr. brucelee is NZ *G that wouldn't be an issue. But if you are holding other *G membership, I am pretty sure you would be turned away, or pay up.

http://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/partner-lounge-directory
http://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/star-...apore-airlines

Alternatively, Airpoints Elite, Elite Partner, Gold and Koru members will also have the option to access the SATS lounge in Terminal 3 at Changi Airport when travelling on an Air New Zealand operated flight.
Also, they specifically list access as the SATS lounge in Terminal 3 when travelling on an Air NZ operated flight, so I'll double check with Air NZ if you can enter the SATS lounge at Terminal 2, or travelling on SQ for that matter.

Although seeing as all the Terminals are connected air-side, just means a small hike.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 5:14 pm

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
Believe SQ has built a KrisFlyer Gold lounge in T2 as well so its no longer SATS.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 5:44 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Originally Posted by Kamadan
Just want to say that, as a *G member I would assume only *G lounges are available for use.

Air NZ arranged for their elite members (Elite/Gold/Koru/Elite Partner) to also have access to the SATS contract lounge at Terminal 3, but seeing as Mr. brucelee is NZ *G that wouldn't be an issue. But if you are holding other *G membership, I am pretty sure you would be turned away, or pay up.

http://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/partner-lounge-directory
http://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/star-...apore-airlines

Also, they specifically list access as the SATS lounge in Terminal 3 when travelling on an Air NZ operated flight, so I'll double check with Air NZ if you can enter the SATS lounge at Terminal 2, or travelling on SQ for that matter.

Although seeing as all the Terminals are connected air-side, just means a small hike.
It is up to each airline as to which contract lounges they use (and pay for). Naturally this is based on the terminal they use.

NZ will (presumably) be using Terminal 3 only.

SQ has flights in both Terminal 3 and Terminal 2. Most regional flights by SQ are from Terminal 2.

If an SQ passenger turns up at a contract lounge that SQ doesn't use they will not have access.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 5:35 pm

Programs: NZ G, QF Bronze
Flying BP TT today.

SQ dragon just turned me away saying they are renovating the first class section of their lounge and are only accepting SQ passengers.

Grrrr.

They would be dirty having floors needing replacement only a year following opening.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 8:04 pm
Ambassador: Air New Zealand

Programs: NZ Elite, EK Gold, Qatar Gold, Amex Plat, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by robbau
Flying BP TT today.

SQ dragon just turned me away saying they are renovating the first class section of their lounge and are only accepting SQ passengers.

Grrrr.

They would be dirty having floors needing replacement only a year following opening.
Yes it is true. SQ has had to redo some of the floors in their SYD lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.