Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

Air New Zealand Introducing New Domestic Fare Structure

Old Oct 15, 2009, 10:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Silver

An average of 10%

Air New Zealand's current three fare structures are being reduced to two - Smart Saver fares and Flexi Plus fares.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/indu...NZ-cuts-prices
Old Oct 15, 2009, 10:49 pm

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD
I fly on a regular basis domestically and usually our company books fairly last minute (so stuck with flexi/saver flexi fares) - be good if these come down a notch!
Old Oct 15, 2009, 10:56 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Quite cunning ploy. For corporates which require flexi saver or higher fares there is an increase in rate.
Old Oct 15, 2009, 11:25 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
So I wonder if they the SuperSaver and Flexi Plus are going to be fixed prices.

e.g AKL-WLG $49/$199
Old Oct 15, 2009, 11:37 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

There will still be a range of prices.

Bad news for FTers I suspect - pay more to get any mileage (as opposed to status points).
Old Oct 15, 2009, 11:45 pm

Cutting travel agents access to SuperSavers is bold move. But I suppose its about time, since just about everyone withing New Zealand books there travel online.

We are still going to get SC on SS?
Old Oct 16, 2009, 1:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Silver
Originally Posted by cavemanzk

We are still going to get SC on SS?
"Smart Saver fares will continue to include one free 25kg checked bag, online seat select and status points"
Old Oct 16, 2009, 1:07 am

Programs: UA LTG QF LTG/P1 NZ*E
The following looks new to me

"The ability to change flights at the airport on the day for free to any available seat"

Looks like at least one business friendly change

Jeff
Old Oct 18, 2009, 8:25 pm

Programs: NZ*G
Thumbs down

Just checked my regular booking NPE-AKL-NPE for 6 weeks out - prices are the same or a little higher than usual *sigh* It seems the cheap fares are already gone - maybe due to the time of year. However not the amazing savings I was hoping for.
Old Oct 18, 2009, 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by RiskFate
Just checked my regular booking NPE-AKL-NPE for 6 weeks out - prices are the same or a little higher than usual *sigh* It seems the cheap fares are already gone - maybe due to the time of year. However not the amazing savings I was hoping for.
When I looked up AKL-CHC-AKL earlyer today I could get $59ow to travel tomorrow.
Old Oct 18, 2009, 9:04 pm

http://airnz.co.nz
Please note

* Excess baggage charges apply if baggage allowance exceeded.
* In-flight snack not offered on Eagle Airways operated flights.
* Tickets are not transferable to another person.
Are we going to get snacks on the ATR/Q300s ?
Old Oct 18, 2009, 10:43 pm

Programs: NZ Elite Partner/Silver (in own right), PR Classic, QF Bronze, UA Member, VA Red
Slight panic at work, our Corporate Travel Agent is not able to access the Smart Saver fares - and our policy is that we can only book flights through them.

Seems like we will have to be Flexi travellers at least for the interim - I dont mind earning extra status points and A$ ^ - slight problem is that my work travel has dried up of late
Old Oct 18, 2009, 11:09 pm

Originally Posted by jeffrocowboy
Slight panic at work, our Corporate Travel Agent is not able to access the Smart Saver fares - and our policy is that we can only book flights through them.

Seems like we will have to be Flexi travellers at least for the interim - I dont mind earning extra status points and A$ ^ - slight problem is that my work travel has dried up of late
It might lead to alot of company's moving to using AIRNZ business direct .

Um house of travel is still selling AKL-CHC SmartSavers for $59
Old Oct 18, 2009, 11:32 pm

Programs: NZ*G, QF NB, UA 1K, AA ExecPlat, IHG PlatAmb, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, ZE1 PC
Originally Posted by jswong
The following looks new to me

"The ability to change flights at the airport on the day for free to any available seat"

Looks like at least one business friendly change
Nice to have it in the rules, but my past experience was that the Koru Club agents would happily do this for you regardless of fare type (but certainly if it was a flexi fare), for no charge.

Originally Posted by jeffrocowboy
I suspect this will push my NZ organisation over to traveling Deathstar or DJ more, since all airfares must be purchased through the travel agency -- who in the last 2 weeks was able to start selling the cheap DJ and JQ fares.
Old Oct 18, 2009, 11:36 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Originally Posted by ajnz
Nice to have it in the rules, but my past experience was that the Koru Club agents would happily do this for you regardless of fare type (but certainly if it was a flexi fare), for no charge.
My experience on that was mixed. Sometimes they were happy to do so, even without prompting (eg see I am going to be waiting in the lounge a while). Other times no chance at all (without change fee and fare difference being paid). Thus the new rule is a definite plus for me.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.