Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aeroflot Business Class Unbookable on FB

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2017, 1:57 pm
Original Poster

Aeroflot Business Class Unbookable on FB

Delta cancelled my flight from JFK to SVO on 8/1 - I see availability on the Delta website for 3 different flights on 8/1 and 8/2 with 2 business seats available - FB is claiming there are no award seats available and wants me to route through Paris - Any thoughts?? I thought if Aeroflot released award availability all partners would be able to book it?
Old Sep 21, 2017, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by jeremybe
I thought if Aeroflot released award availability all partners would be able to book it?
No, there is no requirement or guarantee that every partner has access to the same inventory and/or at the same prices
Old Sep 23, 2017, 8:52 pm
Original Poster

Considering they're showing other Aeroflot flights (shorter distance) I'm think AF is blocking the Aeroflot flights from being booked

Originally Posted by irishguy28
No, there is no requirement or guarantee that every partner has access to the same inventory and/or at the same prices
Old Sep 24, 2017, 3:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Considering they're showing other Aeroflot flights (shorter distance) I'm think AF is blocking the Aeroflot flights from being booked
It's unclear what you mean here by saying "they're showing other Aeroflot flights" (who is "they" ?).
AF (or rather FB) is not blocking anything. FB is showing what SU has allocated to FB for award redemption. If none or if the few seats allocated by SU to FB have already been booked, then nothing is shown.
There's no way you are going to force SU to release more seats to FB, so move on and choose the best option available today if you absolutely want to fly to SVO on a FB award ticket. If you wait more, the available options may not be available anymore rapidly.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 2:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Typically the entity offering the seats is the one that puts blocks on their availability.

Like I said above, SU may offer DL more availability than it offers to AFKL. There is no requirement that the same availability is offered to all partners, or on the same terms.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 7:19 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, AA 2.0 MM, DL Plat, Hertz Plat, LY Gold
Is Aeroflot completely blocking FB (and other partners) from booking business class awards? I see plenty of space on many flights ex-USA using Expert Flyer and their own program, but nothing at all when I called FB for weeks at a time.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 2:08 am

Programs: FB Plat, SQ*G, OW Emerald, Hertz PC
Since April it seems SU is offering much less to non award seats to Flying Blue. And, available flights suddenly got much higher taxes on it then pre FB change.

Longhaul Business Class awards on DL flights are also hard to find (if any).
Old Jul 11, 2018, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

People do realise that not all partner flights are offered on the online tool, right? And that it sometimes pays to call?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.