Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mileage run suggestions please

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2017, 3:41 am
Original Poster

Mileage run suggestions please

I've got 9 years in at FB Platinum, (as well as a whole load of Royal Wing in the old Flying Dutchman) and am at 37,000 level miles this year.

Unfortunately, my business travel schedule has changed, and I no longer use KL/AF much, and with no prospect of any trips with them in the next 5 months, I need to fund my own flights.

Quickest way to rack up the required 33,000 miles to qualify for PFL ?
Old Jul 18, 2017, 3:46 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Do you already have an AF/KLM Amex card?

How many qualifying flights have you flown?
Old Jul 18, 2017, 3:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by carnarvon
Do you already have an AF/KLM Amex card?
No, and I fell out with AMEX years ago.....when they gave me a gold card, then kept declining small transactions, because I hadn't built up a history with them.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 3:49 am

Programs: Skyteam E+ (FB PfL), Latam Black, LH MM, Iberia plus, HH: Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy: Plat
Currently, there are interesting Z-fare offers out for Asia (Hongkong, Beijing, etc.). You can easily clock up to 18-19k miles on such trips, but you need to stay over a Sunday (at least, else 6 days).
Else IST could be interesting for you. Fares are always reasonable and you have the EU multiplier - means a 4 segment trip in J with connection in AMS or CDG should give you more than 10k.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 3:50 am
Original Poster

Thanks, will call the VIP desk, and see what they suggest.........
Old Jul 18, 2017, 3:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by tezzer
Quickest way to rack up the required 33,000 miles to qualify for PFL ?
Where are you based?
Old Jul 18, 2017, 3:54 am
Original Poster

Humberside.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 3:56 am

You didn't say where you are located, a r/t LAX-AMS/CDG-NRT in I class could give you just about that, it won't be cheap though.

If you are located in AMS, you could look for the early bird KL fares, you could also look at the premium mileage run forum for other cheap(ish) skyteam fares, AZ gives 200% which might work nicely in this case.

Either way, 33K level miles is not going to be cheap, as @carnavon has mentioned, if you don't already have the AF/KL Amex and can get one (assuming you have a Dutch bank account), you could get some extra level miles when booking those tickets.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 3:56 am
Original Poster

Sorry, no based in the UK, either Humberside (KL) or Manchester (AF).
Old Jul 18, 2017, 4:59 am

Programs: DL Gold / Accor Gold
I'm doing something close but not for 33k (it's a lot).

On the end of the year I will made AMS-YVR-SEA-ATL-GRU roundtrip that give me more than 2k points.

You can take AMS-MEX-ATL-GRU roundtrip by PE/B for 0.0650 cpm. With the bonus, should give you almost 33k points.

Just some ideas.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 4:59 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Originally Posted by tezzer
No, and I fell out with AMEX years ago.....when they gave me a gold card, then kept declining small transactions, because I hadn't built up a history with them.
You did not say how many qualifying segments you have clocked in at this stage.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 5:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by carnarvon
You did not say how many qualifying segments you have clocked in at this stage.

Only about a dozen or so, usually my business trips are long haul (Asia) and in C, so easy to rack the status miles up.

I may have to do a business trip (paid for) to Jakarta later this year, so that will account for half of them, and then I guess I'll have to fund a long haul trip in C myself to try and make up the balance.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 5:03 am

Originally Posted by pmichelazzo
With the bonus, should give you almost 33k points.
Which bonus?
Old Jul 18, 2017, 5:21 am

You could do IST for ~10K miles or TLV for ~13K miles (works nicely since they are still considered Europe and hence you get 250% level miles).
Old Jul 18, 2017, 6:09 am
Original Poster

KLM's VIP office kindly sent me this, as I hope to do the Jakarta one paid, it makes a holiday in Thailand seem a perfect solution.

Return trip from Humberside to Jakarta in business class:
Z class = 21430 level miles
I or D class = 24966 level miles
C or J class = 28502 level miles

As an example a return trip from Humberside to Bangkok:

Business class
Z class = 18008 level miles
I or D class = 20860 level
C or J class = 23710 level miles

Economy class
U or M class = 12906 miles

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.