Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Strange VipLounge Access policy at WAW airport

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2017, 5:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by sbams
My question would be: why would FB Silver members ever have been given lounge access (anywhere) when this is not a benefit of the tier? In my view this has been a mistake in the past which now seems to have been rectified.

Not the opinion that an average Silver member would be happy with, but it seems to be that way.
I agree. And I think AF reacted when they received the bills from the lounge operator.
Old May 24, 2017, 1:34 am

Not the opinion that an average Silver member would be happy with
Hang on, which one (just so that our average Silver members here on FlyerTalk can better understand)?

Seems like a case of ambiguous text
or

this has been a mistake in the past
?

That aside, I was at the lounge upstairs (Fantazja) yesterday and, chatting to one of the lounge attendants (friend of mine, depending on the rota she's also attending the lounge mentioned in this very thread), she confirmed that access for Flying Blue Silver members was allowed for quite long time (I guess AF/KL must check their lounge bills every 2 years? ); incidentally, she thought that this was still the case and had to double check with a fellow colleague.

G
Old May 24, 2017, 3:20 am

Programs: FB PFL, TK Gold, PC Platinum
My question would be: why would FB Silver members ever have been given lounge access (anywhere) when this is not a benefit of the tier? .
Many years ago (perhaps 10-15) silver members were granted access to the lounge in LIM....
Old May 24, 2017, 3:44 am

Programs: FB Platinum
Originally Posted by toastedcafe
Many years ago (perhaps 10-15) silver members were granted access to the lounge in LIM....
Silver was indeed allowed lounge access some time ago, I was silver when FB started and used lounges at MAN & CDG several times.
Old May 24, 2017, 4:09 am

Indeed - Silver members used to have lounge access. It was a published benefit. Can't remember when this changed, but about ten years ago probably sounds right. I remember sitting in the old lounge at NWI the week it changed, and taking pity on a complete stranger who was about to be turned away by signing him in as my guest.

There was also a time - before FD became FB - when there were separate lounges for Royal Wing and Silver Wing members at AMS.
Old May 24, 2017, 8:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Lounge access was a published benefit for Silver at the beginning of FB ???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.