Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seat reservation disappeared

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2017, 10:55 am
Original Poster

Seat reservation disappeared

For an upcoming air France flight I booked emergency exit row seats via the KLM website. However, when I logged in recently my seat assignments were gone and all emergency exit row seats are taken now. The platinum service line said they could not see any seat assignments and that it looks like these reservations were never made.

Do you have any experiences with seat assignments disappearing? I never had any issues when booking seats for KLM flights.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 11:35 am
formerly airedalemom

Programs: AC 25K, AF, Marriott etc......
Did you have to pay extra for the emergency row seats?

if so you should contact them to complain
Old Feb 19, 2017, 11:42 am
Original Poster

No, as FB platinum you get them for free. But unlike at KLM, where you have 'Economy Comfort' seats, at AF these are the only seats with more legroom available for free as platinum. All other 'premium' seats are just regular economy with the same legroom

And because all emergency exit row seats are now taken, the platinum line saw no other option than to put me in a 'premium' seat in a row of 2 which does not give me more space.

I am curious if there's any other people here who also experienced seat assignments disappearing before I get back to them.

Last edited by t0t1t2; Feb 19, 2017 at 11:49 am
Old Feb 20, 2017, 6:30 am

Programs: Delta Gold
Originally Posted by t0t1t2
I am curious if there's any other people here who also experienced seat assignments disappearing before I get back to them.
I have an upcoming BOS-CDG-CPT flight in March, booked in Premium Economy, and my seat selections were constantly disappearing. I know it happened twice because they changed my flights (once to a new flight number, once because a connection was shortened to 30min). But even before that, I kept having to re-select my seats.

For the past 10 days or so, things seem to have settled down; hopefully they'll stick now (I was mad that I lost my window seat, but at least I still have an aisle and not a middle seat).
Old Feb 20, 2017, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
For an upcoming air France flight I booked emergency exit row seats via the KLM website.
Can you tell us the route?

and why you used the KLM website rather than the AF website?
Old Feb 20, 2017, 8:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by irishguy28
Can you tell us the route?

and why you used the KLM website rather than the AF website?
I usually always fly KLM so I am used to using their website.

It's about the Mumbai-CDG flight.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 9:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by alanstar
I have an upcoming BOS-CDG-CPT flight in March, booked in Premium Economy, and my seat selections were constantly disappearing. I know it happened twice because they changed my flights (once to a new flight number, once because a connection was shortened to 30min). But even before that, I kept having to re-select my seats.

For the past 10 days or so, things seem to have settled down; hopefully they'll stick now (I was mad that I lost my window seat, but at least I still have an aisle and not a middle seat).
Thanks for this data point. Did you call them? And did they also found no trace at all of previous selections?

I already found it weird because the two of us clearly remember selecting the seats together. I can hardly imagine making a mistake in the process as I do it rather often on the KLM site. It usually never goes wrong and this time the two of us were watching.

But if this happens more often it could be another glitch in the KLM/AF website. Which means I am stuck in a regular economy seat because they lost my seat assignment

What to do?
Old Feb 20, 2017, 10:43 am

Programs: FB platinum
Something similar just happened to my gf on DTW-CDG on AF metal. She had a preferred window duo seat at row 20 (she's platinum so free of charge), but then when checking in on Delta.com yesterday evening she had been moved to row 30 something. Hopefully her previous seat was still free so she could change back to the row 20 window seat, but why would they just cancel seat assignments like that? (it's not even as if the seat was needed by anyone / for any reason as it was showing free).

Last edited by lynxy; Feb 20, 2017 at 2:12 pm
Old Feb 20, 2017, 10:58 am

Programs: Skymiles Silver Medallion
I had a problem when reserving seats via the Delta website for a KLM-operated flight a few months ago. I had reserved them via Delta because the ticket was booked on DL Skymiles. I paid for preferred seats, and they showed up just fine on the Delta site but not on the KLM site. When I checked in, however, my seat reservation showed up on my BP just fine.

It does seem like KLM's website has a problem communicating with its partner airline's seat reservation tools. Perhaps this is related?

Have you checked to see if those seats are perhaps still assigned to you, but the reservation simply isn't showing up on AF's site?
Old Feb 20, 2017, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
It is always advisable to reserve seats on the website of the operating carrier.

For AF and KL, it shouldn't really matter. But for years there were problems between DL and AFKL. Contact DL and ask them for the Amadeus PNR that will allow you to access the booking on the AFKL websites
Old Feb 21, 2017, 6:50 am

Programs: Delta Gold
Thanks for this data point. Did you call them? And did they also found no trace at all of previous selections?
I had to call them to get my original seat assignments, as the website wouldn't allow me to select anything at first. But when my selections started disappearing, I didn't call them back - just kept re-selecting it (often the same seat, until that wasn't available anymore).
Old Feb 28, 2017, 8:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by segacs
I had a problem when reserving seats via the Delta website for a KLM-operated flight a few months ago. I had reserved them via Delta because the ticket was booked on DL Skymiles. I paid for preferred seats, and they showed up just fine on the Delta site but not on the KLM site. When I checked in, however, my seat reservation showed up on my BP just fine.

It does seem like KLM's website has a problem communicating with its partner airline's seat reservation tools. Perhaps this is related?

Have you checked to see if those seats are perhaps still assigned to you, but the reservation simply isn't showing up on AF's site?
No, unfortunately they were not assigned to me anymore. And because the seats I wanted were already taken now they could not do anything for me except filing a complaint.

A couple of days later an e-mail came with some apologies and 7.5k credited to my account. Which is ok since these were promo awards MUM-AMS which costed me 30k (one way for 2) in the beginning.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 4:44 am

Programs: Flying Blue
This has happened to me with a CDG-SIN flight booked last summer for an Oct 16 flight. I selected my seats as I do every time I book my flights and my e-ticket had my seat numbers on it. Logged in to check it all a few days before as I do and my seat was gone. Called them and they said I must have done it.... why would I remove a seat selection?!
Ended up with an aisle instead of window and got 8k points for it.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 4:37 pm

Programs: DL
Booked SLC-AMS-BCN&STR-AMS-SLC on Delta. AMS-BCN is on KLM, while STR-AMS is on KLM Cityhopper. I was able to select and pay for economy seat for AMS-BCN on Delta website. It shows on Delta itineraries. Is there anyway to check with KLM whether it stuck? For the Cityhopper STR-AMS, I couldn't select (&pay) for a seat. Will this change, if I go to their website, or get close to the date of flights? Thanks!
Old Jul 25, 2017, 11:00 pm

Programs: FB Platinum
call me paranoid, but whenever i make a 'preferred' seat selection, i always 'email reservation' from the online system to myself, so i get an email showing my seat number.

not sure if it would help if my seat reservation disappears after that, but it would at least prove them wrong if they say "looks like these reservations were never made".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.