Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air France/KLM promo award booking class codes?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2017, 8:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: more than I care to list...
Air France/KLM promo award booking class codes?

I apologize if this information is out there somewhere, but I've searched all over flyertalk and google to the best of my ability to no avail. (I'm open to suggestions on how you searched if someone else finds the information easily).

Anyway, I'd like to know if there is a fare/booking code for the Air France promo awards in business class.

As background, Air France has a discounted business class award Europe-US as one of their monthly promo awards. I have an alert set up in expert flyer for normal business class awards (O class). I randomly checked for flights manually last night and found availability on Air France's website, but didn't get notification from expert flyer nor could I find the space searching expert fly at that moment while space was still available. So clearly O isn't the right class.

I did find this (rather old) link during my searches:
Guide to Air France booking class codes

I note that K class could be it, but it's listed as seasonal ECONOMY promotional fares (not awards) and also says reduced fare/government - so that doesn't seem right.

So to reiterate the question, does anyone know what booking class the Air France promo awards book into (preferably for all three classes, but at least for business)?
Old Jan 10, 2017, 11:58 pm

Awards can book into pretty much any class...

https://www.flyingblue.com/earn-and-spend-miles/airlines/partner/14/air-france.html
  • Tickets that were purchased with Award Miles: F, O, C, D, Z, A, S, X, B, Q, T, N, E, W, R and V
Old Jan 12, 2017, 1:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: more than I care to list...
Originally Posted by Ditto
Awards can book into pretty much any class...

https://www.flyingblue.com/earn-and-spend-miles/airlines/partner/14/air-france.html
  • Tickets that were purchased with Award Miles: F, O, C, D, Z, A, S, X, B, Q, T, N, E, W, R and V
Perhaps awards in general can. I'm looking more for *promo* awards which would (theoretically) be from a specific class - or perhaps several for the different classes of service; ie, one for economy, one for business, etc.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 2:10 am

Originally Posted by mpk620
Perhaps awards in general can. I'm looking more for *promo* awards which would (theoretically) be from a specific class - or perhaps several for the different classes of service; ie, one for economy, one for business, etc.
You are assuming that there is a specific fare class that is used only for promo awards, I don't think that this is true...
Old Jan 12, 2017, 7:16 pm

Programs: TK - Gold, Kris - Gold, QFF - Points
Trying to book an trip on points for this June and realised my wife still hasn't made her account and has some points in lieu from July/Aug last year. Any idea if they have a post-trip point retrieval option if i join her up today?

Thanks
Old Jan 12, 2017, 11:29 pm

Originally Posted by ttep
Trying to book an trip on points for this June and realised my wife still hasn't made her account and has some points in lieu from July/Aug last year. Any idea if they have a post-trip point retrieval option if i join her up today?

Thanks
Yes, but you can only claim miles the latest 6 months after the trip, so better do it now before it's too late
https://www.flyingblue.com/claim-missing-miles.html
Old Feb 2, 2017, 8:52 am

So for the sake of science, and since I was booking a couple of economy promo awards, I can confirm that while they all booked into X, they are also available for dates that shows no X class availability

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.