Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UX leaves FB and launches its own FFP

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2016, 2:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Oh, that is a handy bonus and one that I had not noticed.

I see, however, that they say "Subject to availability. Air Europa personnel at the boarding gate will consider the Platinum level of the customer and will inform you if the upgrade is possible."

Would be great if you could just enquire at the gate ahead of a longhaul flight and get an upgrade...or do they just upgrade you without asking? (As you only get 4, I would prefer to have a say in which flights I would be considered for an upgrade on!)

Last time I flew with UX they used Plusgrade to try to upsell - though I notice they are not currently listed as being "powered by Plusgrade. I'm just wondering if they still try to sell upgrades, so that there might not be (m)any seats left at boarding on the kind of flights where you would actually really appreciate a business class upgrade (Nice and all as European business class is if you get it for free, I wouldn't waste a "voucher" on it if that same voucher would work on a longhaul upgrade). Nice perk if you can actually find your way from a discount economy seat to business class on longhaul...
Old Mar 15, 2016, 5:54 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb
In January I was flying AF cheap fare operated by UX to ORY. I secured an emergency exit at the check-in desk for free. At the gate I wait until boarding ends and I ask for the upgrade. Gate agent did not hear about this new benefit, she calls UX while I am looking up the benefits on my phone, then confirms it's OK, she overrides my seat number on my boarding pass to a business class seat. It was breakfast time... and I am not sure if I really prefer UX C over UX Y emergency exit with empty middle seat!
Old Mar 15, 2016, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ranskis
It was breakfast time... and I am not sure if I really prefer UX C over UX Y emergency exit with empty middle seat!
I agree...better to keep those "upgrades" for a better/longer flight - but if you're not going to get the chance to use them elsewhere, just as well to grab the opportunity when it presents itself (I suspect, though, that you were not deducted one of your four upgrades in this instance).

Sounds like you need to update your profile as regards FFPs and status!
Old Mar 15, 2016, 11:14 am

Programs: FB Platinum, All Accor Platinum
In January I was flying AF cheap fare operated by UX to ORY. I secured an emergency exit at the check-in desk for free. At the gate I wait until boarding ends and I ask for the upgrade. Gate agent did not hear about this new benefit, she calls UX while I am looking up the benefits on my phone, then confirms it's OK, she overrides my seat number on my boarding pass to a business class seat. It was breakfast time... and I am not sure if I really prefer UX C over UX Y emergency exit with empty middle seat!
i agree with you, i had the same thought. i had a flight from madrid to ORY and the UX C seemed to have similar seats to the Y normal ones except for the empty middle seats. the Y emergency exit seats had a lot more space than C...
Old Mar 15, 2016, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by newflyer27
i agree with you, i had the same thought. i had a flight from madrid to ORY and the UX C seemed to have similar seats to the Y normal ones except for the empty middle seats. the Y emergency exit seats had a lot more space than C...
Thats the same across every European airline I am afraid. You are pointing out why its not generally a good deal.
Old Mar 16, 2016, 5:06 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb
Where did you see there were limitation in upgrades on UX? It seems to be unlimited and there are no vouchers...

To be fair, the UX C seats are not too bad on the 737, with table on the middle seat, wider seat through retractable armrests etc. The pitch is also a little bit better than Y pitch at the back though not as good as emergency exits. So all in all, better than the new AF or BA seats for business, where the middle seat is indeed kept free, but the pitch is terrible and the armrests can't make the seat feel wider either. UX C on ERJ190 is a different story though... same seat as Y if I remember correctly and adjacent seat not even kept empty!

However, UX C breakfast is awful, whereas AF has improved its C offering for a year and I actually like AF C service in Europe, even if the same food seems to come back far too often.
Old Mar 17, 2016, 4:46 am

Programs: Many
Just received that email :

Dear customer,

We regret to inform you that it is only possible to match the level for customers from the Flying Blue Program.
We apologize for the inconvenience.

KInd regards.

Customer Service
Air Europa Call Center
Tel. +34 902 401 502 / Fax. +34 871 203017
Email: : [email protected]
Air Europa, polígono Son Noguera, Carretera Arenal-Llucmajor Km 21,5 . CP 07620 Llucmajor-Baleares-España
Old Mar 17, 2016, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Where did you see there were limitation in upgrades on UX? It seems to be unlimited and there are no vouchers...
Check the table of benefits on their website. It says you only get 4, so while you have not been given any actual vouchers, they must be keeping track.

Bad news that they are only matching from FB.
Old Mar 18, 2016, 4:50 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Originally Posted by irishguy28
Check the table of benefits on their website. It says you only get 4, so while you have not been given any actual vouchers, they must be keeping track.
Nope - the 4 is just the footnote-index (at least on the Spanish site)

Upgrade gratuito business(4)

(4) Sujeto a disponibilidad. El personal de Air Europa en la puerta de embarque tendrá en cuenta el nivel Platinum del cliente y le comunicará si el upgrade ha sido posible.
Old Mar 18, 2016, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by irishguy28
Bad news that they are only matching from FB.
It is not really a status match in the usual sense but rather a carrying over of status onto the successor programme now that UX leaves FB.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 4:47 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Check-in luggage

Hi,

Now that UX has left the FB program, I was just wondering as a FB elite member, do I still get to check-in 1 free hold luggage if I have a baggage only fare flying UX?

I am not very sure since on the FB website and ST website, it seems that E+ members do get an extra free baggage allowance. However since this is stated as an "extra" free baggage, I understand it as above what you would normally have.

Can anyone confirm? [am deciding if I should fly with UX or KL between MAD-AMS - leaning to UX due to better timing - but dreading the buy on-board concept].

Cheers!
Old Aug 3, 2016, 11:50 pm

Programs: FB-PFL / MH-G / QF-S
Originally Posted by nldogbert
Hi,

I am not very sure since on the FB website and ST website, it seems that E+ members do get an extra free baggage allowance. However since this is stated as an "extra" free baggage, I understand it as above what you would normally have.

Cheers!
Not sure if that will exactly answer your question but I purchased yesterday a cheap Z fare BCN-PMI ticket that did not include any checked in luggage. Nevertheless, while entering my FB number I was offered the checked in luggage for free. It had to be selected as an option (albeit free) during the booking process though.
Old Sep 5, 2016, 9:48 am

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Has anyone tried redeeming miles on a Skyteam partner? I'm curious what the process is.

The CI award chart states 90000 miles for a J award over 3500 miles. I wonder if they mean per flight, per direction, or the entire journey. If it's the whole journey that's one heck of a deal!
Old Sep 6, 2016, 3:11 am

Programs: FB Gold
Originally Posted by SilverChris
Has anyone tried redeeming miles on a Skyteam partner? I'm curious what the process is.

The CI award chart states 90000 miles for a J award over 3500 miles. I wonder if they mean per flight, per direction, or the entire journey. If it's the whole journey that's one heck of a deal!
Yes I've redeemed many miles on Flying Blue partners, but if you are using FB miles, it is the FB award chart that you need to look at.
Old Sep 13, 2016, 4:48 am

Programs: Flying Blue, IB, Miles and More, Delta
Do you know if all paid tickets on UX count as a segment?

If all the really cheap tickets inside Spain count, this FFP could offer an easy way for a Skyteam gold status with just 26 cheap segments.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.