Search

Advice needed on missing miles

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2013, 12:44 pm
Original Poster

Location: KUL (MY), ICN (KR), ZRH (CH) or OTP (RO) - or somewhere in between
Programs: OZ, JL
Advice needed on missing miles

Hello, I am hoping I will get advice from "older" flyertalkers...
Facts:
We (4 people) have flown MU from Siem Reap to Hong Kong (a two leg trip, with a connection in Shanghai Pudong).
We had our Flying Blue cards numbers included in the booking and we also made sure of that when checking-in at Siem Reap airport.
The miles have posted automatically for the second leg of the trip only, but not for the first leg.
We no longer have the boarding passes of the first leg, but just the ones for the second leg.
We have tried to convince Flying Blue that we could not have used the second leg of the ticket if we did not fly the first leg, we sent them proof of the second leg and a copy of the ticket bought, but the answer was still negative and they continue to demand the boarding passes of the first leg, which we no longer have.

And now the question: does anyone know of an alternative way of proving we have taken that flight, besides the boarding passes? Would it be worth the try to contact China Eastern and ask for proof of flight, if such thing would even be possible? Or is there any other way to demonstrate our missing miles claim is genuine?

The miles themselves are not many (the ticket was in booking class N - 50% of the mileage) but the segment is really important for two of us, as with it (and just a few other flights I will have before the end of the year) I will make it to Elite Plus, while my daughter will keep her Elite status.

Any advice from you guys would be very appreciated.
Old Oct 10, 2013, 1:52 pm
Original Poster

Found it!
China Eastern has a ticket verification system: http://en.ceair.com/muovc/front/veri...ktVerify.shtml
Old Oct 10, 2013, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by mihaid
Found it!
China Eastern has a ticket verification system: http://en.ceair.com/muovc/front/veri...ktVerify.shtml
I don't think this will make any difference. For Flying Blue, if your miles do not credit automatically, the only proof a flying that they will accept are the original boarding cards. The only exception is for flights operated by AF or KL themselves.
Old Oct 11, 2013, 3:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
You need the boarding passes.
But it could well be that the two different legs were in a different fare bucket and that the first leg does not qualify for miles. That would explain why MU system automatically credited one leg but not the other.
Anyway, without boarding passes, FB will not double check.
Old Oct 11, 2013, 4:25 am
Original Poster

Both legs booked in booking class N, crediting 50% of the mileage to FB

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.