Search

Menu in AF affaires

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2012, 7:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, DL Silver, EK Silver
Menu in AF affaires

Hi Folks,

I am flying AF BOS-CDG-DEL in January and was wondering if anybody had any idea what the affaires menu looks like especially on the BOS-CDG leg. I am vegetarian but every time I select vegetarian (even lacto ovo) I get a vegan meal which is not so desirable for my tastes. I usually fly Delta and don't have to worry as one of their main course options is always a pasta which works great for me. Haven't flown AF in business in a long time and would appreciate any experienced opinions.

Thanks!!
Old Dec 26, 2012, 7:22 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
I don't have the menu in front of me, but last month JFK-CDG in J had two options: beef or fish (IIRC). Definitely no veggie option, and the meal service was sort of an express style.

Westbound (which I've flown a couple more times) has always had 4 options, one of which was always vegetarian.

I would definitely special order going east (or maybe even just skip the meal and sleep).

Last edited by bennos; Dec 26, 2012 at 7:28 pm
Old Dec 26, 2012, 8:31 pm

Programs: DL DM
I don't ever recall seeing a veg option in any cabin on AF - even on the CDG - DEL leg. Unless something has changed very recently, you'd be best off getting special. They do have something equivalent to the Asian Veg meal that DL offers, it's fairly tolerable and not vegan as far as my experience.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 9:03 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
The Air France forum is probably a better place to start. IIRC, they have a thread on the latest menus and food offerings. Asking in the DL forum about AF food isn't going to get you a lot of good info.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 10:39 pm

Programs: DM, KM,
I haven't flown BOS-CDG, but on the IAD-CDG a few weeks ago, the pre-ordered veg meal was quite tasty. Can't remember the exact meal served, but my seat mate said "I'll have what she's having". Definitely reserve ahead.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 3:10 am

Programs: DL, QF, QR Gold, MR Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by roknroll
The Air France forum is probably a better place to start. IIRC, they have a thread on the latest menus and food offerings. Asking in the DL forum about AF food isn't going to get you a lot of good info.
+1

(maybe one of our kind mods can move this thread to the AF forum where it's likely to get better informed answers)
Old Dec 27, 2012, 3:54 am

Programs: Whatever's Cheapest, Accruing Miles, Redeeming for Premium Cabins, Not Chasing Status Unnecessarily
This is not a personal attack.

To me a vegetarian meal is vegan.

A person either eats products from animals or doesn't.

Lacto-ovo = heavy consumption of dairy. Cows milk is really for cow babies.

Overall, vegan lifestyle is way healthier. Vegans tend to be slim and eat way better than non-vegans. But animal products taste so good.......

Signed,
Not a vegetarian...
Old Dec 27, 2012, 7:06 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by roknroll
I believe the AF thread is called "Let's have your menus".
Old Dec 27, 2012, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
I believe the AF thread is called "Let's have your menus".
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-f...our-menus.html

Old Dec 27, 2012, 7:38 am

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by aubreyfromwheaton
This is not a personal attack.

(snip)

Signed,
Not a vegetarian...
Perhaps you'd be so kind as to delete your post. In addition to various other problems with it, it has no place in this thread. Thanks!
Old Dec 27, 2012, 7:54 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Thanks! I'm not great at search...
Old Dec 27, 2012, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
Thanks! I'm not great at search...
I usually use Google vice the FT engine..."flyertalk Air France Affaires Menu"
Old Dec 28, 2012, 12:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, DL Silver, EK Silver
Thanks folks for all the info. Also as suggested I realize I should look this up and post in the AF menus forum.

AB
Old Dec 28, 2012, 1:02 pm

Programs: United - PG, Marriott Silver
Two choices BOS-CDG; the 4 choices going CDG-BOS.
Flew this route in July (the earlier flight going, the later flight coming back).
I had the beef option in both directions and despite AF's reputation for food, and the dedicated catering at CDG, I found the dinner MUCH better going eastbound. I'm not sure if it was BOS catering, or just luck of the draw, but I was traveling with my mother, who felt the same way.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 1:06 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM , IHG Plat, MR Titanium, HH Gold, EK Frequent Kettle, UA Silver, AA Hater
Never had a decent piece of meat leaving Europe...sorry folks.

They do have better bread and beer, though!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.