Community
Wiki Posts
Search

KQ IRROPS

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2012, 2:55 am
Original Poster

KQ IRROPS

Last night, KQ cancelled both segments of my flight in a 4 hour period. KQ 760 was cancelled with no reason given. We received an email from KQ FB service center in NBO. Then, at 22:00, KQ called from ADD and told us not to come to the airport, flight KQ 408 was cancelled for mechanical reasons. It took them hours to update the flight status in the system therefore no rebooking. I finally had to call NBO to reschedule the flights for April 1 KQ 406. One of the passengers was book with DL SM award so KQ would not rebook that passenger. Since KQ had not updated the 408 status, DL at first refused to rebook, then the agent couldn't find award availability to rebook to match the rest of the family on KQ 406. Finally, after forever on hold, the agent rebooked the one ticket with SM to match the other three tix on KQ. Now, I just hope they can repair the plane today to make tonight's flight.
Oh, and since the final destination in CPT and KQ can only take us to JNB, I had to rebook onward tix for an additional $500 to get to CPT due to the IRROPS and lose one night of my weeklong vacation rental. KQ does not offer any compensation since the tix were non-rev FB redemptions. Ughhh.
Old Mar 31, 2012, 2:33 pm

That sounds about par for the course sadly.

Kenya Airways has been losing reliability progressively over the last few months and I'm now at the point where every second trip on them is being rescheduled/cancelled - usually with horrendous options for rebooking. With Ethiopian now joining Star Alliance, it might be a good time to shift intra-African travel away from Skyteam altogether.
Old Apr 1, 2012, 4:48 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by B747-437B
That sounds about par for the course sadly.

Kenya Airways has been losing reliability progressively over the last few months and I'm now at the point where every second trip on them is being rescheduled/cancelled - usually with horrendous options for rebooking. With Ethiopian now joining Star Alliance, it might be a good time to shift intra-African travel away from Skyteam altogether.
Wonder if that decline has to do at all with the recent investment rounds they are running. Apparently they are looking for some $250M by selling shares.
Old May 3, 2012, 9:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by AllOver
Last night, KQ cancelled both segments of my flight in a 4 hour period. KQ 760 was cancelled with no reason given. We received an email from KQ FB service center in NBO. Then, at 22:00, KQ called from ADD and told us not to come to the airport, flight KQ 408 was cancelled for mechanical reasons. It took them hours to update the flight status in the system therefore no rebooking. I finally had to call NBO to reschedule the flights for April 1 KQ 406. One of the passengers was book with DL SM award so KQ would not rebook that passenger. Since KQ had not updated the 408 status, DL at first refused to rebook, then the agent couldn't find award availability to rebook to match the rest of the family on KQ 406. Finally, after forever on hold, the agent rebooked the one ticket with SM to match the other three tix on KQ. Now, I just hope they can repair the plane today to make tonight's flight.
Oh, and since the final destination in CPT and KQ can only take us to JNB, I had to rebook onward tix for an additional $500 to get to CPT due to the IRROPS and lose one night of my weeklong vacation rental. KQ does not offer any compensation since the tix were non-rev FB redemptions. Ughhh.
Welcome to FT!
Did the ticket start in the US?
If so, then you are entitled to compensation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.