Search

westjet yes or westjet no?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2012, 2:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FB GOLD, IHG Platinum, HHonors GOLD, A|Club Platinum
westjet yes or westjet no?

Guys,

please help me understand the agreement. on KLM and AF website you can find an announcement like:
http://www.klm.com/corporate/en/news...e_flights.html

but on flyertalk there are some people that says FlyingBlue does not recognize the route generated from westjet.
I cannot book a westjet route from KLM because they don't recognize the cities i am choosing.

So, is there something i am missing or the only way to gain miles/segment with skyteam from canada is with delta?

thanks
Simone
Old Apr 27, 2012, 11:04 pm

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat 4L, VA Vel Silver, BA EC, LH M&M
You will get miles/ segments only if your flight has a KL code. A Westjet booking with Westjet codes will not give you miles/segments.
Old May 2, 2012, 8:18 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Le ClubAccor Gold
After two phone calls and two claims for missing miles/segment, I received an email saying I will be credited miles/segments for KL-flights operated by Westjet last february. Then it seems to work but it's tough.

However, I guess it's only possible to book a KL-flight operated by westjet when it's part of a transatlantic flight to Amsterdam: YUL-YYZ-AMS for example.
Old May 2, 2012, 11:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB GOLD, IHG Platinum, HHonors GOLD, A|Club Platinum
this is something i cannot really understand.
So you should book the entire itinerary from Europe and maybe on the last leg you will be boarder on a westjet flight and miles will be credited.

So, basically, if you are already in canada, the only way to get miles from skyteam travelling US is with delta or some other carriers like copa and alaskan.
Old May 2, 2012, 9:20 pm

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat 4L, VA Vel Silver, BA EC, LH M&M
Originally Posted by slater82
this is something i cannot really understand.
So you should book the entire itinerary from Europe and maybe on the last leg you will be boarder on a westjet flight and miles will be credited.

So, basically, if you are already in canada, the only way to get miles from skyteam travelling US is with delta or some other carriers like copa and alaskan.
Yes, because westjet is not part of Skyteam.
Old May 3, 2012, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
There are all kind of partnership agreements with airlines not members of skyteam. For example, on flights by Kenya Airways you can earn and redeem miles on most flights.
But the agreement with Westjet is limited to a codeshare. So you can only earn on flights on Westjet (the operating) with KL code (KL is the coded airline).
It is the common practice on such codeshare agreements that you cannot book flights under the coded airline unless you fly the transcontinental flight with them. For example, a French-based pax cannot buy a JL ticket on the European flights that AF (the operating airline) codeshares with JL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.