Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AF coded flights operated by AY (Finnair)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2012, 7:26 am
Original Poster

AF coded flights operated by AY (Finnair)

Hi

I have a booking next week for a flight HEL-CDG with AF flight number, operated by AY. I would like to order special meal and make seat reservation, but AF say they cannot assign seats as it's not operated by them, and AY can't assign seats unless I give them the AY reservation code - but AF don't seem to know what that is. Any ideas?

Also, do you know which programme I can acrrue miles with? I have FB Plat card and BA Gold. Will one of these cards give me lounge access in HEL?

Thanks
Old Mar 16, 2012, 7:39 am

Hi,

Ideally they should have the confirmation number. You could use AF confirmation number on AF website and see, if it shows record locator for AY.If not, call AY with AF ticket number and more likely, they would be able to pull out your details. Ticket numbers could be easily located on any application ( between the code share partners ).

Have Ay tried to pull your details with your name and flight details?

I am not convinced that they were unable to pull out anything with your name and other details such as city pairs and flight number?

Thanks and Regards
taran_2005
Old Mar 16, 2012, 7:42 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, ALL Silver
Hi 2035,

I have done the these flights numerous times (AY with AF flight number).

Basically, you will accrue miles on whatever company you used to do the actual booking. I.e. AF = FB, AY = BA and this will also determine what lounge you can use in HEL.

The KLM/AF lounge is a generic shared lounge and very basic IMO. I believe it is also shared with Priority Pass members so it kind of pulls it down a little. One big plus is the huge bowls of Fazer chocolate which I have a tendency to stand very close to most of mine time there.

Now, problems with accruing miles on AF and even getting access to the lounge in Paris is a battle I have to go though every time and I have so far never had a trouble free flight with AY (as an AF booking) as AF and AY's systems still don't know how to communicate in-between themselves. This means the posting of your miles/flights can be hit or miss and can take ages to post. Keep all documentation you possibly can get but this said, others have reported no faults whatsoever but just so you're warned. I did in the beginning try and talk to AY while in HEL but they could not do anything as the ticket was bought through AF This may have changed over the years but I'm trying to avoid the CDG-HEL leg and rather go through AMS as I'm getting tired of the constant mess up

Just be warned, there is no fast track in HEL for E+, but usually the queues move pretty swiftly.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 8:34 am
Original Poster

Thanks Cupart - very useful input.

Have you managed to managed to reserve a seat in advance for these flights, when booked under AF code? Do you know how to get AY booking code?

Best Regards
Old Mar 16, 2012, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by 2035
Thanks Cupart - very useful input.

Have you managed to managed to reserve a seat in advance for these flights, when booked under AF code? Do you know how to get AY booking code?

Best Regards
Usually, European Airlines do not pre-assign seats on Medium-haul flights unless you fly C class.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.