Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrades on Delta back

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2013, 7:40 pm

Programs: A number, but no status no more
Originally Posted by cfischer
at all times after ticketing for segments where comp upgrades are available. At check-in it should show a message what you were added to the airport upgrade standby list; if this doesn't show up it's time to call Delta. As a Fb Silver your UG chances are very very low.
Actually, unless it changes, your chances as FB are low ... but you get listed in alphabetical order, regardless of status for the upgrade.

Now, what can throw the upgrade request off is a codeshare flight number. Had that on an AZ coded flight, got the SkyClub to add me ... and made it (on JFK-ATL).

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
Old Mar 14, 2013, 8:10 am

Programs: FB-LTPE
Originally Posted by cfischer
I am assuming you looked at the upgrade list online @ Delta.com which is notoriously wrong (!) The webpage lists all 'seat' requests including standbys for coach. You'd have to use the mobile app or gate departure screens to see the actual position on the list.
Where can I find these upgrade lists online or do they only show up after check in? (Under my trips I see upgrade has been requested, flights are on Sunday.) Thanks!
Old Mar 14, 2013, 9:06 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by NB00
Where can I find these upgrade lists online or do they only show up after check in? (Under my trips I see upgrade has been requested, flights are on Sunday.) Thanks!
As part of or after online check-in is where they become most often meaningfully evident.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
upgrade requested is what you want to see. You will also get a notice during OLCI that you have been placed on the airport upgrade standby list. After check-in you can see the upgrade list on the mobile App (website is WRONG, don't use for UG lists) or at the gate information screens.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 8:58 am

Programs: FB-LTPE
Indeed, the upgrade & standby lists showed up after OLCI.

Maybe just luck or Delta has a new version, but the information on the website was correct and complete. More complete than the App that did not show the lists for the first flight (website showed same list as at airport). For 2nd flight, app, website, and airport monitor showed the same.

Neat system at the airport with the monitor showing 3 lists; upgrade, stand-by, and (finally) cleared. I did however not understand the difference between the upgrade and standby list.

I got upgraded DCA-ATL (6 am flight on a Sunday so many seat many C seats left and a very short upgrade list of 3 only), and there were just 2 people too many in front of me on the ugrade list for ATL-SJO). So close, but had a good seat in Y anyway (aisle, exit). No hopes for the SJO-ATL as I noticed C is already pretty full, but have similar seat back.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Indeed, the upgrade & standby lists showed up after OLCI.

Maybe just luck or Delta has a new version, but the information on the website was correct and complete. More complete than the App that did not show the lists for the first flight (website showed same list as at airport). For 2nd flight, app, website, and airport monitor showed the same.

Neat system at the airport with the monitor showing 3 lists; upgrade, stand-by, and (finally) cleared. I did however not understand the difference between the upgrade and standby list.

I got upgraded DCA-ATL (6 am flight on a Sunday so many seat many C seats left and a very short upgrade list of 3 only), and there were just 2 people too many in front of me on the ugrade list for ATL-SJO). So close, but had a good seat in Y anyway (aisle, exit). No hopes for the SJO-ATL as I noticed C is already pretty full, but have similar seat back.
Standby is pax w/o ANY confirmed seat on the flight. These are usually on the top of the list Elites or full fare pax wishing to standby for an earlier flight and on the bottom NRSAs. The upgrade list is all pax with confimed coach seats and a waitlisted upgrade to the premium cabin.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 8:15 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

What is the status now?

Hi,

I have a upcoming DL flight this weekend, and currently if I was with SkyMiles, the upgrade would have cleared, but since i have the FB number in the booking, this needs to be based on that.

I have never done this before with FB for DL upgrades - therefore am curious is this still a perk for FB elite members? If yes, where or how do I request for this?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers!
Old Dec 16, 2015, 11:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by nldogbert
Hi,

I have a upcoming DL flight this weekend, and currently if I was with SkyMiles, the upgrade would have cleared, but since i have the FB number in the booking, this needs to be based on that.

I have never done this before with FB for DL upgrades - therefore am curious is this still a perk for FB elite members? If yes, where or how do I request for this?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers!
It is still a (theoretical) perk and you don't request it. As long as your ff number is on the booking you are automatically entered on the upgrade list after all dl diamond, platinum, gold, silver, frequent pizza, priority laundry, and free car wash cards. In other words it only ever works on flights nobody wants to fly on and works less than 1% of the time or so. All fb (and I think Alaska?) elites are entered together regardless of their specific status.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by orbitmic
It is still a (theoretical) perk and you don't request it. As long as your ff number is on the booking you are automatically entered on the upgrade list after all dl diamond, platinum, gold, silver, frequent pizza, priority laundry, and free car wash cards. In other words it only ever works on flights nobody wants to fly on and works less than 1% of the time or so. All fb (and I think Alaska?) elites are entered together regardless of their specific status.
You made my day ^

To complement your good answer : you are placed automatically on the upgrade list if you are booked under DL flight number. If you are booked under AF or KL code-share, you need to ask an agent to put you manually on the list (and plenty have no clue how to do that).
Old Dec 17, 2015, 9:30 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Thanks for the responses.. I checked the reservation under the Delta website - which I can pull up, and it does list me as eligible - however it seems that I should still tick the request for it - but everytime I do that, it will not stick.
But it sounds like I don't need to do anything and be placed automatically on the list.

Hopefully it works for me - as it is a super early flight at 6 am.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 9:53 am

Out of 4 US-domestic segments this year, I did score 2 upgrades (LAX-SAN & SAN-SEA). I was greedily hoping for one on a recent LAX-JFK flight but nada.

G
Old Dec 17, 2015, 8:06 pm

Programs: FB Plat & DL KM, Le Club Plat, GHA Plat, HHonors Diamond
an upgrade on transcon routes like LAX-JFK is hard to get even for DMs
Old Dec 17, 2015, 11:39 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
Out of 4 US-domestic segments this year, I did score 2 upgrades (LAX-SAN & SAN-SEA). I was greedily hoping for one on a recent LAX-JFK flight but nada.

G
Originally Posted by ajs123
an upgrade on transcon routes like LAX-JFK is hard to get even for DMs
I thought as of recently on the "premium" transcontinental flights only diamonds can request upgrades
Old Dec 18, 2015, 4:39 am

Programs: FB Plat & DL KM, Le Club Plat, GHA Plat, HHonors Diamond
The eligibility requirements keep changing. What I meant is that even if you are DM, getting an upgrade on a transcon flight is rare.
Old Dec 18, 2015, 4:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK

G
As a rough rule of thumb, the likelihood of getting an upgrade is inversely proportional to its usefulness. So, in a puddle-jump like LAX-SAN where it makes virtually no difference, it might occasionally happen. On a transcon, dream on...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.