Search

CLARINS Spa at CDG lounge

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2014, 6:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by dat4life
I'm flying to ATL on AF 688. Right now it's showing as departing from T2E.
It will probably be the M gates, which has the nicest new lounge in Europe, with two Clarins therapists. It's advisable to get there extra early as you never know how busy it will be. And as the lounge is so nice, it's not a bad place to hang out at for a couple hours or so.

But even if it's the K or L gates, it's not bad and the same advise applies.
Old Feb 8, 2014, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by stimpy
It will probably be the M gates
Do you have any particular reason to think that? I did not think there was any particular reason to predict that, especially in view of the equipment, and my last experience with that flight (couple of months ago) it was leaving from the L gates (not something I expect to be a "norm" either but which makes me question the assumption that M gates are more likely unless I am missing some important piece of information here?)
Old Feb 8, 2014, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by orbitmic
Do you have any particular reason to think that? I did not think there was any particular reason to predict that, especially in view of the equipment, and my last experience with that flight (couple of months ago) it was leaving from the L gates (not something I expect to be a "norm" either but which makes me question the assumption that M gates are more likely unless I am missing some important piece of information here?)
I said "probably" based on my experience as the last time I took that flight from the M gates. Plus every other time I've been in the M lounge I've seen that flight leaving from the M gates. But I didn't say "certainly" because, either due to AF or ADP, these things aren't totally fixed.
Old Feb 8, 2014, 1:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold
Thanks for the info, stimpy.
Old Feb 9, 2014, 3:44 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
It will probably be the M gates, which has the nicest new lounge in Europe, with two Clarins therapists. It's advisable to get there extra early as you never know how busy it will be. And as the lounge is so nice, it's not a bad place to hang out at for a couple hours or so.

But even if it's the K or L gates, it's not bad and the same advise applies.
I just looked at my info from my last trip through CDG and I used the lounge at M gates sandwiched right in between the Hermès & Dior boutiques.

I'm on another JNB run and will be travelling through CDG Tuesday and hope to get another facial!

(That M lounge is beyond anything I have ever experienced, btw....absolutely AMAZING with TONS of very good hot food! Is it the only lounge of its kind? The one I went to yesterday for a CDG-AMS flight was a lot smaller and no buffet...lol)
Old Feb 10, 2014, 12:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 355F1
(That M lounge is beyond anything I have ever experienced, btw....absolutely AMAZING with TONS of very good hot food! Is it the only lounge of its kind? The one I went to yesterday for a CDG-AMS flight was a lot smaller and no buffet...lol)
Yes it is the only one of its kind at CDG. However the K and L lounges are much nicer than the 2F Schengen lounge you saw on your CDG-AMS flight.

Also worthy of note is the new CX lounge. Not as good as AF, but way, way better than the old CX lounge, or the AA lounge. As and OWE pax can use it if you are flying OW metal. ^
Old Feb 10, 2014, 12:43 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Yes it is the only one of its kind at CDG. However the K and L lounges are much nicer than the 2F Schengen lounge you saw on your CDG-AMS flight.
Ahh.....so the International flights leave out of 2E and therefore have the better lounges....

I'm flying back to the US on Delta this week but I'm looking forward to using that M-gates lounge again for about 4 hours!
Old Feb 11, 2014, 11:41 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Argh!!!! Damn it!

Closed on Wednesdays!

BooOOoooOooo!!!

Guess I'll just sit here at the M-lounge and eat more food.
Old Feb 12, 2014, 1:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
The one I went to yesterday for a CDG-AMS flight was a lot smaller and no buffet...lol)
There is a very decent buffet in the two 2F lounges at lunch and dinner times (+ the usual breakfast items).
Old Feb 12, 2014, 2:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Argh!!!! Damn it!

Closed on Wednesdays!
Really? Does it say every Wednesday or just exceptionally today?

I'm not sure if I've been to the M gates on a Wednesday.
Old Feb 12, 2014, 2:51 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Really? Does it say every Wednesday or just exceptionally today?

I'm not sure if I've been to the M gates on a Wednesday.
It says closed every Wednesday.
Old Jul 3, 2014, 5:19 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
It says closed every Wednesday.
Just the "spa" closed on Wed, yes? I saw that somewhere and of course that's the day of my connection. I was hoping to get a facial after safari. Oh well.
Old Jul 3, 2014, 7:35 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Just the "spa" closed on Wed, yes? I saw that somewhere and of course that's the day of my connection. I was hoping to get a facial after safari. Oh well.
Correct. In Feb when I was there last it listed the Clarins Spa area as "Closed" on Wednesdays.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 11:39 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Correct. In Feb when I was there last it listed the Clarins Spa area as "Closed" on Wednesdays.
But it did say that it was otherwise open daily. Does this mean that it's now on weekends? I recall that it used to be open just Monday - Friday.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I could be wrong, but I think it depends on which terminal you are in. For 2E M gates, I think they may be open every day. But for the L gates, the days and hours seem to be restricted. It would be nice to find an authoritative source for the hours.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.