Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA Pre SFO

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2017, 8:37 am
Original Poster

TSA Pre SFO

I was wondering if I could get TSA Pre having booked my AF flight using the Delta Codeshare flight on DL Ticket Stock? My Sky Miles account has my KTN entered. I know that AF does not particupate in TSA Pre but Delta does so if I booked under the DL flight is it determined this way?

Thanks Merci Mlle Fois
Old Jul 6, 2017, 9:21 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by danielonn
I was wondering if I could get TSA Pre having booked my AF flight using the Delta Codeshare flight on DL Ticket Stock? My Sky Miles account has my KTN entered. I know that AF does not particupate in TSA Pre but Delta does so if I booked under the DL flight is it determined this way?

Thanks Merci Mlle Fois
Yes, when you check-in with DL, you will get TSA Pre as long as it is a DL codeshare.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 11:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SDQBound
Yes, when you check-in with DL, you will get TSA Pre as long as it is a DL codeshare.
Awesome thanks(Merci)!!!
Old Jul 6, 2017, 12:39 pm

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
I'm not sure that's correct. I have Global Entry and get Pre all the time for my DL domestic flights but never when flying AF, despite all my AF tickets being purchased from DL on 006 stock with the DL codeshare flight numbers.

I'm pretty sure PreCheck is based on the operating carrier, not the ticketing carrier, and since AF does not participate, there's no eligibility for Pre.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 4:25 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by ShopAround
I'm not sure that's correct. I have Global Entry and get Pre all the time for my DL domestic flights but never when flying AF, despite all my AF tickets being purchased from DL on 006 stock with the DL codeshare flight numbers.

I'm pretty sure PreCheck is based on the operating carrier, not the ticketing carrier, and since AF does not participate, there's no eligibility for Pre.
I'm pretty sure I'm correct. I recently posted an image of a previous BP for JFK-ORY, operated by AF with a DL codeshare. I don't have Global Entry or Known Traveller number btw.

I'm not the kind of person who goes around the Internet posting about things that I have not experienced. Just because you don't get it doesn't mean that it doesn't happen.

Edited to add the image:
Attached Images  

Last edited by SDQBound; Jul 6, 2017 at 4:34 pm
Old Jul 7, 2017, 8:12 am

Just because you don't get it doesn't mean that it doesn't happen.
I wasn't basing it solely on my own experience. I've flown with others (on separate PNRs) under the same circumstances and it's always been the same: booked on DL.com, flying AF metal, check-in on the AF website/app, no PreCheck.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 8:28 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
There is a simple answer to SDQBound's experience.

Pre-Check via KTN is based on the operating carrier. Thus, OP will not receive Pre-Check on his flight absent a small and unpredictable percentage of passengers on non-Pre carriers who are selected for Pre-Check based on a series of criteria which are non-public. On a Pre-Check carrier, OP would be close to certain to receive Pre-Check and recent indications are that random denials are rare so long as passengers properly match all information on their ticket, passport and KTN.

The stated goal of this small effort is to nudge carriers such as AF to participate in Pre-Check as passengers who have had a "taste" of the easier and expedited process complain even more when they don't get it the next time.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 4:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Often1
There is a simple answer to SDQBound's experience.

Pre-Check via KTN is based on the operating carrier. Thus, OP will not receive Pre-Check on his flight absent a small and unpredictable percentage of passengers on non-Pre carriers who are selected for Pre-Check based on a series of criteria which are non-public. On a Pre-Check carrier, OP would be close to certain to receive Pre-Check and recent indications are that random denials are rare so long as passengers properly match all information on their ticket, passport and KTN.

The stated goal of this small effort is to nudge carriers such as AF to participate in Pre-Check as passengers who have had a "taste" of the easier and expedited process complain even more when they don't get it the next time.
TSA Pre shoild not be airline specific but rarher airport specific for those likee myself with a KTN. I was vetted and now that SFO has Pre if I show my GE card coild I access TSA Pre?
Old Jul 9, 2017, 9:51 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Silver, Global Entry
TSA Pre shoild not be airline specific but rarher airport specific for those likee myself with a KTN. I was vetted and now that SFO has Pre if I show my GE card coild I access TSA Pre?
No. Carrying the card in and of itself will not get you into PreCheck. A few have supposedly talked TSA agents into accepting the card for that purpose but that seems to be the exception. Standard is that PreCheck must be printed on your boarding pass issued by a participating airline. I agree that it's the person who has been vetted and should be connected to the person and not the airline but that's not the way it's set up right now.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 10:24 am

TSA Pre shoild not be airline specific but rarher airport specific for those likee myself with a KTN.
As someone with a KTN, I agree it would be nice, but that's not how it works.

Have you read the FAQ section on the TSA website?

https://www.tsa.gov/precheck/faq

Why can’t I use the TSA Pre✓® lanes when traveling on any airline?

Passengers must be traveling on an airline that has entered into a partnership with TSA. Under this partnership, TSA works with the airline to establish system and checkpoint requirements and determine operation of TSA Pre✓® lanes at airports.
I was vetted and now that SFO has Pre if I show my GE card coild I access TSA Pre?
The last time I flew AF, I tried to access the Pre lane at JFK by presenting my Global Entry card. I was turned away because Pre was not on my boarding pass, since I had checked in with AF and they're not a participating airline.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 1:27 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
Yep, anyone who does let you use the PreCheck lane with a Nexus / GE card is way out of line. You have to have it confirmed on your BP.

As far as the DL / AF ticketing goes; indeed, if DL gets you your BP (say, you connect SFO-JFK-CDG and you get both BPs at SFO at the DL desk) you will get PreCheck the whole way. But if AF issues your BP at JFK, forget about it.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 1:41 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
Originally Posted by caliform
But if AF issues your BP at JFK, forget about it.
But there's no pre-check in the AF terminal at JFK anyway, so.....

I was going to note a case where I've had pre-check when flying AF/DL but I don't think it's relevant here - I think you're flying AF from SFO to CDG? When I fly AF TATL (CDG-ATL, say) and then DL from Atl home- I can print a new boarding pass at a kiosk after customs/before security that will often have pre-check on it. But as I said, I don't think that's the case you're discussing here....
Old Jul 10, 2017, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by Hoyaheel
But there's no pre-check in the AF terminal at JFK anyway, so.....
There is now. I believe it started last year when LH became a participating airline.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 6:02 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
There is now. I believe it started last year when LH became a participating airline.
Ah, thanks for the update. On my last AF TATL in Sept, I flew through Atlanta. I think 2015 was my last JFK flight on AF.....

That was one of my most hated parts of traveling DL/AF through JFK - now I can take that off the "con" list when making flight decisions^
Old Jul 10, 2017, 11:08 pm

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Exactly. Flyertalk thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufth...-eligible.html

Makes you wonder why AF doesn't partner with the TSA to get their pax access to Pre.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.